Friday, December 3, 2010

Yellow Bunny Band Upgrading Event



Overview:
Here comes another upgrading challenge! Now the citizens of Midgard have been challenge once again to upgrade Bunny Bands in exchange with fabulous prizes. We’ve experience the Black and Red already. For this event, we will be using the Yellow Bunny Band. But wait! Aside from the Bunny Band color the stats has also been changed. Now it has STR +1, INT +1, Dex +2, over refinement bonus and a Card Slot. For the complete details regarding the event please visit the Ragnaboards site.



Previous Events:
Upgrading challenge is not a new event in pRO. We already had several Black Bunny Band challenges and recently changed into colored Bunny Band challenge like the Red Bunny Band. The difference of the upgrading challenge for this event is that there are additional prizes added like the instant upgrade for enchanted armors. The loot requirements have also been toned down but some hypermart items for +8 and up upgrades has been tightened like the over upgraded Gemini Crown. The event has always been flocked by players because this one of the ways of getting Boss Cards because as you know we don’t have any Boss Card drops in Valkyrie server. For the stories regarding the past Upgrading Events that I’ve participated please read the journals below.


Event Proper:
Last June 19, 2010, as early as an hour before the event I have waited patiently at our tambayan in Alberta for any in-game announcement from the GMs. The upgrading mechanics clearly states that we must wait for the GMs to announce the event location before lining up for the exchange. After some time the GM greeted every one and made an announcement regarding the yellow bunny band trade.


Because my friend Angel and I were excited, we immediately rushed towards Veins Town lined up for the trading just like the previous upgrading event. We also met other players who will be participating on the event lining up just like us. Although we know that the location might not be on Veins but we are taking our chances on being the first to line up for the trade. We even saw GM Anael checked the Veins town. At first I thrilled because of her presence. It makes our prediction true that the event might be on Veins but then again GM Anael might be checking for towns without participants to ensure fair chances.


Minutes before the trading time the GMs made a global announcement that the trading location is in Louyang Town with coordinates 206 25. We, the participants in Veins, were pawned by the announcement and immediately warped out of the town. All participants for the event rushed towards the town using skills and items for improving move speed. From Alberta Town, we boarded the ship sailing to Louyang. As for me, I used my Lif named Emerald to boost my move speed and yielded the other participants. I was able to reach the trading location and then saw the line starting to build at the walls of Louyang. I immediately move into the line and waited for further instructions.


As the event is about to start, other participants still runs towards the venue and rushed for the end of the line. The lined up participants on the other hand starts to create their own chat boxes stating the number on the line and their name. Before, creating chat boxes is considered an offense but now it signifies an organized line. This scheme also secures participants number on the line and prevents ill-mannered players to jump into the line. I’m fast in lining up for this event and I’m happy to be at number 19.


At exactly 4pm, GM Anael started to summon the lined participants into the trading room. The trading room for the event is spacious and looks familiar. It’s the same trading room as the Red Bunny Band Event. There is only one line inside the room that indicates only one GM is inside the room for trading. I’m somewhat disappointed with what I saw because this means slower pace in trading. The conversations with other participants have paved the boredom that build up while waiting for our turn. During the conversations one of the participants was able to confirm that the room where we lined up is not the only room for the trade. There are other rooms with another GM on trade. But that’s the only info I’ve got since I don’t have any friends summoned on the other rooms. I’m relieved to hear that but still I’m situated near the end of the trading line.


When It’s my turn for trade, GM Rhamiel suddenly excused himself to unload the items he received from the other players. I understand that trading GMs will be overweight even with the combined weight from the inventory and cart but I didn’t expect that it would be on my turn. That would be an added minutes of my waiting time but that’s life.


Then GM Rhamiel returned and talked to me regarding my trade. I stated the item that I expect for trade then GM Rhamiel initiated the deal. I placed all the required items for trade and took screenshots of the trade for future evidence incase I don’t receive the item on time.


I went out of the line after the successful trade. GM Chastity is the GM in charge of the exit warp for this event. She constantly teleports from one room to another and casting warp portal for finished traders. The warp of GM Chastity will bring you at the center of Prontera Market.


After Trade:
Just after my trade, I went back to the trading area to check the last number on the line. The last number is number 103, which means that 103 participants joined the upgrading event. The number is somewhat lower than the past trading but it’s still early to tell because it’s just an hour pass the start of event.


After 2 hours, I went back to the trading area to check if the event has been finished. I’m surprised to see late traders still lining up in front of GM Anael. I’m amazed to see how the GMs entertain late traders for the event. It only shows that they are serious in handling this event especially with regards to the event duration. Good for the late traders that they still have the chance to be summoned even if the last trader a while ago has been summoned already.


When all the late traders have been summoned, GM Anael began interacting with the non-participants on the venue. She was very playful and naughty while conversing with us.


At a blink of an eye, GM Anael summoned a Pouring. Uhhm, yes a Pouring. It’s a never before seen monster in pRO Valkyrie and part of the Poring family. It looks like blue Poring with half filled water inside. It’s way cuter than the other known Porings. Emerald, my Lif, began attacking them and killed them with one hit. I’m amazed to see this cute Pourings. (^^)v


After some time there were no late traders coming in. GM Anael said good-bye to the group and left an Eddga as a parting gift. Because the other players were strong, Eddga didn’t last long. It’s really cool to see how a GM interacts with the rest of the players just like the early days of pRO. I hope to see them do this frequently and not just talking through global means. Even with simple events like crack the pub or monster summoning will let the players feel their presence.


See you on the next upgrading event. Cheers!

Notes:
The image below shows the table for exchanged items for this event. The image has been taken from the official announcement of GM Aeon at Ragnaboards. I have replicated the image for archiving purposes only.

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...