Friday, October 6, 2017

2-2 Job Change Experience

Overview:
Ragnarok online refers 2-2 jobs as the alternate job class for the base classes swordsman, mage, acolyte, thief, archer and merchant. The said classes were meant to balance out the current dynamics provided by the 2-1 jobs. The 2-2 jobs are Crusader, Sage, Monk, Rouge, Bard, Dancer and Alchemist.



Foreword:
This is not a job change guide. I’m making this write up to relay my personal experience with the job change of Crusader, Rouge and Alchemist. I may not be able to give the step by step procedure of the job change but I will relay some tips on the do’s and don’ts for the job change. The guide I used for the Job change is found on the links below.

My Story:
ROPH implemented the 2-2 job classes last September 27, 2017 together with the launched of the new server Chaos. However Bard and Dancer were not included in the patch for undisclosed reasons. As for my account, I was able to prepare three of my characters for the coming big update.

~ Crusader ~
I have decided to main as Crusader instead of knight because my gameplay is more on a support or de buffer class. The transition of equipment from knight to crusader is also economical for me since the items I bought were all swordsman related. Fun Fact, crusader is my first level 99 in pRO Valkyrie which brings back old memories.


The item gathering part is somewhat easy for me since I was able to ask for the required items from friends or farm it using my thief with steal. The exam part is also easy because all the answers were on the guide that I used.

The hardest part of the exam is queuing for the test of faith exam. Upon arrival on the waiting room, I was surprised to see a lot of swordsman gathered on one place. The test examiner can only accommodate 20 examiners at a time. Through perseverance, I clicked the examiner pub until I was able to make it on the queue. From the queue, I still need to wait for the other 19 players to finish the test before the examiner can warp me to the testing room.



The exam part is very easy since my character is fully geared with potions. The queue took a lot of my time as compared to the actual exam. Upon killing the monster which bares my name I passed the exam.

I went back to the Crusader Guild and successfully job changed!



~ Alchemist ~
My alchemist is my main market oriented character. He holds all my assets including zeny and rare items that is why I named him Rich Kid Herbert. I also use him for my PR to co-players. I'm also planning to brew potions that will bear my name as my so called "Signed Potions" to be given out for free to my followers. The free potions will be limited to 1 or 2 pieces per person because it has for a non-brewer build to successfully create potions.


To be honest, I'm not prepared for my Alchemist job change but I pushed through with the exam. As I go through the quest I realized that the job change needs a lot of resources to burn to be able to successfully job change.


The quest is mostly exams which is the easy part and item gathering which is the hard part. Some of the item gathering requirements  are low drops which forces me to buy from other players. Luckily all my buying quest material pubs on Alberta Town were all successful. It includes buying Alcohol, Coal etc.


After the long quest I was able to pass the exam and job changed to Alchemist!



~ Rouge ~
My rouge is the farmer on my account since he was a thief. I was able to gather a lot of marketable rare items because of the reliability of the job for farming. I'm also planning to make this rouge as my graffiti maker for my blog post headers.


I job changed my thief a day after the implementation of the 2-2 jobs to see if people were settled down. True enough, I was able to perform the exam with ease. The item gathering and exam were all easy because I have all my needed materials on my storage.

I'm a bit nervous on the part of the exam where in I will be visiting one of the brothers because I'm expecting a large number of examiners outside the entrance portal. I'm a bit surprised that there are no other examiners aside from me at the portal.


I got inside the house of the brothers and performed the exam. The exam was easy for me because I have done this before. The technique of the exam is to walk near the wall because the monsters spawns at the middle of the narrow road. When the monster spawns continue walking at the wall until you reached the end of the road. Be reminded to walk continuously and do not stop when the monsters spawns.


After finishing the trial I was able to go back to the Rouge Guild and job changed successfully!





2 comments:

Unknown said...

also made an alchemist, a brewer (even though I know making crafted pots aren't profitable because of the existence of those siege potions)

the test was easy because I already have the required items by coincidence
since I got those items as a by-product of hunting monsters(coals from skelworkers, old magic book from bathory etc) no illusion flower though

I really find it odd that they didn't released bard/dancer for some reason

Herbert said...

That's good for you. The test is easy for alchemist and zeny draining at the same time. If you brew coating bottles, fire bottles and acid bottles it can somehow provide you income.

I guess, Bard and Dancer were not released because of Rich Man Mr.Kim skill that will boost a lot of leeched characters. Also it will surely change the landscape of War of Emperium because of Roki's Well, Bragi's Poem, Ugly Dance, Screram and Frost Joke.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...