Sunday, August 1, 2010

About Me



Hi Readers,

I am Herbert a Philippine Ragnarok Player, an adventurer of the vast land of Midgard. Yes, my real name is Herbert! But I won't reveal my last name for trolling purposes.

I started playing this game when the only server available is Chaos server. The veterans call this the Beta Days. During that time I have experienced having pop up message like “The server is rejecting you” because of over population.

When Level-up Games decided to create another server named Loki, I decided to transfer there. The server has full of bugged maps where in Geffen, Prontera and other maps are in-accessible. During the first few months we are experiencing Emergency Maintenance one after the other. Every emergency maintenance Lokians use /who command to determine how many people are left before their turn to be kicked out of the server. I spent most of my Ragnarok years here where I found my home and in-game family (Oracles Guild). I enjoyed most Ragnarok episodes here. My only regret during these times is that I failed to take as many screen shots as possible for memories.

As the popularity of Ragnarok in our country wanes, my interest in this game also fades. The Ragnarok servers merge one after the other. Most of my real life friends turned into semi active players or worst quit the game. So I decided to transfer to Freya since I have a friend there who has a WoE active guild (Team Rocket guild). I have become active for quite some time but the game play is not that intense anymore. So I decided to lie low.

Then came a Free to Play server named Valkyrie. Valkyrie during the release has a very buggy start. Its like Loki server when it was initially released. I drag some of my friends to the new server telling them that it was free and you don’t need a load to play Ragnarok. Then we played for some time and became hooked again. The server has a wide range of people just like the feeling of beta days. You can talk to random people, meet people and enjoy the whole Ragnarok experience all over again. As of today the server is always in extreme mode just like the population of Chaos server back in the Beta days.

At this point, I have decided to make some journals to document my adventures in the world of Ragnarok specifically in pRO Valkyrie Server. I want to share some of these things to all the readers of my site. I will try to write as many journals as possible covering from places to level up, in-game events, quests, new episode features and random stuff. Each journal that I will make will be consisting of write ups and screen shots to make my journals more interesting to read. It might take me some time to write a journal because of time constraints with my work and some real life events plus the trouble of constructing the write up itself.

I stopped playing the game when pRO ended last March 2015. I cut myself off any Ragnarok related news since I don't have any plan on playing on any server. However April 2017 had the biggest announcement that pRO is being revived through Elite Extreme publisher. The launch will bring back to the roots of Ragnarok Online where the only available jobs is 2-1.

I found home together with my friends at ROPH Loki joining several guilds but we mostly stayed with Eternal, Reckon, All out War and Inhumans but we also guests to a lot of guilds on our server. When all the severs were merged into ROPH Valkyrie we then created our own small guild named Unicorns. We consistently joined the war of emperium even if we have a hard time securing our own agit due to lack of numbers. To gain more members, we were able to convince Kindred guild to join Unicorns so we were able to boost our numbers. As the numbers of players on the server dwindle, we had another merge but this time with the Malaysia Singapore server and called it ROMSP Valhalla. We were able to preserver our guild Unicorns and consistently participate in the war even if we are small guild. As more guilds disbanded on our server we were able to recruit more groups one after the other such as Team Gala (Unholy), Team Reapie (Legion), Team Ghost (Warlords) and Team Scourge (Scourge). My adventures still continues up to this day.

I will try to write my journal as objective as possible to avoid unnecessary conflicts that my journals might cause. The story will be focusing on my point of view, my party’s point of view or my guild’s point of view so that you'll understand the whole picture why I have written the article that way. The screen shots taken will be trimmed to highlight the actions that happen. The character or names that have been involved in the screen shots are necessary to complete the whole story. If by accident you find your character or name appeared in one of the screen shots that I have posted and felt offensive and it should not be posted kindly inform me immediately.

Thanks and God Bless,

Herbert

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nagwowork ka ba dati sa pc clinic?, para kasing may kakilala akong herbert na nagwowork dati dun e..

Herbert said...

Ay ndi po ako nagwork dun. =)

Anonymous said...

bkit richkid herbert?rich ka cguro sa ragna o real life?

Herbert said...

Rich Kid Herbert, name yan ng Alchemist ko na humahawak ng kayamanan ko in-game at ginagamit sa mga adventures. Yan din yung character ko na tapon kayamanan pag nilaro ko. Hindi ako rich na literal :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...