Tuesday, December 28, 2010

War of Emperium – December 27, 2010

Siege has always been a competitive and strategic game play for me. I have been siege inactive for quite sometime when renewal hits because I’m concentrating on leveling up my characters. When I reached a certain point that I am able to cope with the changes I joined the siege.

I was shock with the Renewal siege. There are a lot of new skills, which literally owns everyone. I can say that the current siege now is more offensive than defensive. Most builds are now concentrating on one hit or two hit kill rather than creating a defensive or balanced built. Even if this is our situation I found a way to cope with the changes.

My first renewal siege post

I am currently using a Shadow Chaser, which fits my siege style. And our action packed siege revolves mostly on Valkyrie Realm center agit also known as Lazreagues Agit.

Action packed siege at Lazreagues Agit

The agit that we conquered originally has a few defenders but belongs to a high profile guild. We managed to break their emperium by using a lot of emperium breakers. As you all know the emperium now has a plant like property where in it receives one damage per hit. It’s one of the renewal changes.

Emperium breaking through ganging up

Once we had control over the agit, we set up our pre-cast. Our pre-cast is similar to pre-renewal with the addition of third job skills. We don’t have a roki’s well because we don’t have a wanderer available. Our defense revolves mainly on AoE spells and disabling spells.

Pre-cast on the Emperium Room

When the battle becomes tough the defense still shifts to emperium hug. As I have mentioned earlier the damage dealt to the emperium is 1 per hit so defending is easier than before. If you want to have an easy emperium break you have to wipe as many defenders as possible but if the defense is hard to break you just have to hit the emperium as much as you want. In this way you will eventually break the emperium because the current emperium can’t be healed by any means.

Emperium Hug renewal version

One of my favorite Shadow Chaser skill is Manhole! It makes the target unable to move, use skill but also invulnerable to damage. The skill is a strategic way of shutting off one or two members of the opposing guild from participating in the clash through continued use of Manhole. This will make a great advantage on your guild because you temporarily taken out an essential member on the opposing guild. When the guild successfully wipes out some of their members then you can free your target and gang him up. But be warned that you can also accidentally shoot your guild mates in Manhole.

Manhole! the sweetest Shadow Chaser skill

Scouting is a basic routine for defending guilds. One of the best skills to scout hidden enemies now is Oratio. It puts a visible mark on the head of enemy players even if they are currently hidden. In this way the exact position of the hidden players are revealed because of the mark.

Emperium Room scouting

Lastly on my siege experience on that day, guild clashes also happens outside the emperium room. As soon as you step into the agit, mini clashes happen. Surviving those clashes will help enforce your offensive or defensive force when you reach the room before emperium room.

Mini guild clashes outside the Emperium room

I don’t have a lot of guild clash pictures because I’m busy out-potting the damages on those times. I barely have time to press print screen. We have a lot of guild clashes during this siege but I don’t have print screens for it. And sometimes I forgot to take screenshots during the best parts. T_T

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great commentary and thanks for the info.i wanted to join this guild but for some reasons,i dont get the idea of having an unreadable guild name.but i always admire the strentgh of this guild.reminds me of RR.

Herbert said...

From what I know this guild is also Ruff Riders. for some reason they changed their name to this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...