Friday, December 3, 2010

Pink Bunny Band Upgrading Event



Overview:
After a few months the pRO is offering another Upgrading Event to all adventurers in Rune Midgard. This time around they have chosen the Pink as the color of the Bunny Band to be used in upgrading so the event is now called “The Pink Bunny Band Upgrading Event”. Just like the previous events adventurers could acquire hard to resist items in exchange for an over upgraded Pink Bunny Band. The Pink Bunny Band has a slight change in stats compared to the other Bunny Bands released previously. Now it has STR +1, INT +2, Dex +1, over refinement bonus and a Card Slot. The details are provided in Ragnaboards.




Previous Event:
The Upgrading Event is now a regular event done by the game masters to spice up our Ragnarok Online experience. For each upgrading event there are new set of items added on the exchange list but some prizes remained unchanged. The most evident addition to the exchange list was the STAT reset for upgrades +9 and +10. The STAT reset was included as a prize in preparation for the renewal patch because GM Aeon announced earlier that there would be no FREE STAT reset. The over upgrade has been extended further to +6 where in most of the prizes for this were headgear upgrades. The loot requirements for this event have been totally removed but to some prizes still require Midgard Coins, a hypermart item as a replacement to the loot requirement. From experience these events were flocked by adventurers because it’s the only way to get an easy over upgraded gears and Boss Cards. For the stories behind the past upgrading events read the journals below.


Event Proper:
Last September 19, 2010 as early as 7am, a friend told me that GM Aeon had announced that the trading event will take place in Lighthalzen and traders could now start lining up. The announcement given on that time was unexpected because the start of trading is still 4:00pm. At that time I am still in the dream world and I was able to log into the game at around 11:30am. My friend told me that the trading line is long and I have to hurry lining up because the line is extending as time goes by. I’m a bit pressured on what my friend informed me so I have no choice but to rush into the city of Lighthalzen to get a slot.


When I arrived at Lighthalzen, I saw a large crowd formed in a straight line. I’m a bit curious on the line so I started looking for the start of the line and found it near the upper portal of Lighthalzen. As I walk towards the other end of the line, I’m shocked to see a double line one line with an ascending count and the other with a descending count. I figured out that the end of the line has reached a wall and the line has to be continued parallel to the original line. I immediately lined up on the second line with a number near 300 hoping to be summoned on that day. Most of the crowd at the double lines was already clamoring about the length of the line but we can’t do anything because we were late in receiving the information. From what I’ve heard the last line even reached up until 400+. The number of participants has clearly increased this time.


Most of the players were already restless because of the stress brought by the length of time waiting before the actual trading. Some of them even shouts the name of traders who are cutting into the line then claim the disconnected players slot their own. Some traders argued on who the real owner of the slot. When the actual trading has started the traders became excited and at the same time eager to be summoned to the trading room.


The summoning of players on the trading area started an hour earlier but the actual trading started on the time indicated on the schedule, which is 4pm. I heard a lot of clamors at this point because the game masters doesn’t seem to mind the influx of people during the event day and still push through with their plan of 4hours trading. When the trading has started players inside the trading room informed us that only two GMs were facilitating the trade and one of them was even late for about 45mins.

I lost hope of being summoned on that day because of my high number during the trade and considering the circumstances. I AFKed for more than an hour hoping that if I come back it will be my turn to be summoned. As time passed by, I checked my character and found out that was disconnected. I logged my character again just to figure out that I’m not included on the selected players who were summoned. Another trader informed me that GM Aeon announced a second day of trading for Valkyrie and the only players allowed to continue trading on that day were the one summoned inside the trading area. I felt bad for a while but I realized that even if I am summoned at the trading area I might still be disconnected because of my crappy connection at that time. I accepted the fact that I can no longer trade on that day since I wasn’t summoned so I’ll just go for the second day trading. I stayed for a while in the city and shared my sentiments with my co-traders on the area. Most of them were also disappointment on the outcome of the trading. The first day of trading is very disorganized and seem unprepared.


Last September 26, 2010 the second day of trading came, the game masters announced that the trading city would still be at Lighthalzen but the time has been changed to 5 hours trading starting at 1pm. I was able to get a convenient number on the line because before I slept I head towards Lighthalzen and fall in line.


Contrary to the first trading day, the second day of trading is more organized and well planned. There were still clamors from players cutting into the line but not as disorganized compared to the first day of trading. The trading hours now lasts for 5 hours to accommodate more players.


Around quarter to one pm, GM Aeon summoned the lined players into the trading room. The first three summoned traders were instructed to line up forming three lines then succeeding traders will follow the line. At around 1pm GM Freile appeared in front of the traders and chose the center line for trading.


The trading line on the center started to move and the right and left lines started to clamor. After a few minutes GM Fenris appeared and ready for trading. Both left and right lines were asking GM Fenris to start the trade on their respective line however she chose the right side line.


The left line has been criticized because they were the only line that was non-moving. Then a GM Event01 appeared with a white name and a Whitesmith outfit. Our initial reaction is that the GM is a poser of the real thing because it lacks the GM sprite and yellow colored name. The ™ sign on his name convinced us that she was a real GM and the left line has started their trades. Now we have 3 trading lines which made the transactions faster.


Since I’m fourth in the line I was able to finish my trade early. I wander a bit inside the trading room and found a fourth line. Yes there is a fourth line and it was GM Anael who was incharged on that line. By the time I saw her line there were few traders lined up maybe because her line is unnoticeable.


The trading room is full of eager players. Most of them were talkative and restless. As a result GM Aeon warned them on the proper behavior inside the trading room.


After my trade I went back to the last line to check if the influx of traders is huge. To my surprise the last person on the line is number 192. I never expected a large number of traders for this event and to think that the second day of trading the number of traders is still high.


In summary, the first day of the trading is chaotic and seems unplanned. A lot of players clamor for the limited time of trading and number of GM traders during the event. A large number of players were disappointed because of the time and effort they sacrifice on the trading day and failed to trade on that day. However, the second day of trading was remarkably more organized and well planned. They have accommodated more players at a time because they have increased the GM traders into 4. I hope that if they make another upgrading event they will execute the trading day as smooth as the second day of Pink Bunny Band trading.

Hope for another upgrading event. Cheers!


Notes:
The image below shows the table for exchanged items for this event. The image has been taken from the official announcement of GM Aeon at Ragnaboards. I have replicated the image for archiving purposes only.

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...