Thursday, February 3, 2011

Eye of Hellion Adventure Quests

Eye of Hellion Quest is an experience quest that has been added at Ragnarok online since Episode 10.2 Lighthalzen. I had never done this quest before until my friend ask me to help her out on the quest. She told me that she wanted to take the path where in we will be fighting the Hellion Revenant. She already tried herself but she failed to claim the Eye of Hellion from the Hellion Revenant. Since I have no significant activity during that time and I’m feeling confident I have agreed to help her out. I haven’t read this quest and the only thing I knew about this quest is that this is the only place that you can get Nile Rose [1].




Quest Proper

Our adventure quest starts upon arrival in Morroc. We have located Old Scholar Tyus at a house near the spawn point.


We talked to Old Scholar Tyus and he told us that he’s waiting for someone. He told us a story about the Eye of Hellion which sounds like an urban legend. At the middle of the conversation we found out that he has already completed a device that can steal away the jewel’s evil energy but he doesn’t know where the jewel is. Eventually he asked us a favor to find the people that have accepted his assignment. So our journey starts here.



~ Prontera Tablet~

Old Scholar Tyus asked us to meet with Clanux Heffron. Clanux is located at the back of Prontera Church. We have no clue why he is at the back of the Prontera Church but we found him easily. We talked to Clanux about our intensions on helping him in his assignment. Clanux then showed us what he has collected so far which are a broken sword and a wheel. We asked him “Where did you find it?” referring to the broken sword. He told us that he found it at the old Swordsman Association.




Serendy and I walked towards the old Swordsman Association located at the lower right part of Prontera. I tried to investigate a Training Puppets and found one Training Puppet with a strange hole. I further investigate the Training Puppet and there was a writing in it saying “Veggie Lady N9 W3 BINGO!”.


With the clue that we found from the Training Puppet we made a visit to the Vegetable Gardener located at the bottom left of Prontera. Serendy already had the idea on what the clue was saying so she instructed me to follow her. So I guess we’ll have to give it a try on her idea. I positioned myself exactly beside the Vegetable Gardener (49,57). Then just like what the clue says, Serendy walked 9 steps to the north then 3 steps to the west with final position of (46,66) while I am following her. Suddenly a pop up window appeared. I entered the word BINGO and she gave me the numbers 3847147298.


We hurriedly went back to Clanux to tell him what we have found. He was surprise with our accomplishment and gave us a Mystery Wheel that he found inside the Item shop.


So with another piece of clue that we had, we proceed at the Item shop with an Unknown Machine that Clanux told us about. When we arrived at the Item shop in Prontera we noticed a machine just beside the NPC seller. I carefully place the Mystery Wheel on the Unknown Machine and it fits perfectly. It prompts me to enter some numbers so I typed the numbers given by the Vegetable Gardener. I was surprised that a shining slate comes out of the machine. This is the first Piece of Slate - the Prontera Tablet.



I went back to Clanux and told him a little of what I found.


~ Payon Tablet ~

I read some of the text written on the slate and it is referring to a dense forest. I went back to Tyus to ask for some advice regarding the texts and he told me that the dense forest on the slate refers to Payon. He also asked us to look for Grout’he Tuccok there.



Without any hesitation, we travelled to Payon and meet up with Grout’he Tuccok. We had a little chat with him and he told us that he’s willing to help us if we will be paying him 10,000z to buy his clue items. Since we don’t have any option we agreed to the deal. He gave us a Stone Heart, a Green Herb, a Grape Juice and a Skirt of Virgin for the clues.


After giving the items, a pink signal has been placed on my mini map. We went to that signal and it leads us to a gazebo. When I walked inside the gazebo a pop out message appeared revealing some clues and  has consumed the Skirt of Virgin.


I went back to Grout’he Tuccok and he said that I need to gather more clues. Then another signal has been placed on my mini map. This time it leads me to a Stone Pile which consumed the Stone Heart.


For the 3rd time I went back to Tuccok and he placed another signal on my mini map. This time it leads me to a Dried Fish which consumed the Green Herb.


Lastly I went back to Tuccok and he placed another signal on my mini map which leads me to a Vat across the wall and consumed the Grape Juice.


I hurried back to Tuccok and reported everything that I found out. I tried to solve the puzzle with the given information that I have on the four locations but I have some hard time figuring out what were all those clues about so I ask for Tuccok helped. He’s very nice to solve the problem for me by giving a signal on my mini map. I rushed into that location and found a Wooden Floor. I did up into the wooden floor and found another message left by Tyus.


I went back to Grout’he Tuccok and told him about the hidden message that I have found. He told me that the clue might be in the big stone statue in Archer Village. We then start walking towards the Archer Village just the north of Payon. When we arrived at the Archer Village we tried to locate a huge statue of Buddha. As we move closer to the statue of Buddha our slate stats to glow as if it is reacting to something powerful.


I walked towards the Statue of Buddha and he started talking in my mind. Suddenly he asked me a question regarding decisions. I answered back with “I won’t kill, but I’ll find a way to live!”. Then a small opening started to appear below the statue. And to my surprise it’s the second piece of slate – the Payon Tablet.





~ Morroc Tablet ~

I went back to Tyus to tell the good news. He then ask me to find Sage Welshyun in Geffen for the the 4th piece of slate. Before we departed, he handed me over the 3rd piece of slate – the Morroc Tablet



~ Geffen Tablet ~

With 3 slates with each of us, Serendy and I traveled to the magic city, Geffen. We met Sage Welshyun at the north entrance of the city. We chat for a while and asked for his help. Before he answered he asked a favor to bring the report of “Monster Life in the Geffen Area” from his apprentice Enoz at the top of Geffen Tower.


At first I had some hesitations seeing how high the Geffen tower is but then again I have no choice. After a long climb, I feel exhausted. I immediately talked to Enoz telling him that “I’m just a messenger!” and I also told him about the report on “Monster Life in the Geffen Area” that Welshyun is asking. He insists that Welshyun had already taken the report days ago.


I’m a bit confused so I went back to Welshyun and told him about what happen. Strangely, he gave me the report and wants me to pass it back to Enoz. He also asked me to bring a Blue Gemstone on my way back. Upon hearing that I felt I’m doomed again in climbing the tall tower.

After passing the report to Enoz, I made a quick storage to get a blue gemstone that Welshyun asked me. While talking to him he suddenly pops a question “Where is the abode with a shining silver roof that is mentioned in the third part of the ballad of Grimnir?”. It feels so weird and I have no idea what he was asking for. Serendly suddenly shouted Valaskjalf so I answered Welshyun “Valaskjalf”. He then gave me the 4th piece of Slate. the Geffen Tablet. I thank my friend for saving me on that question.


~ Complete Tablet and Hellion Revenant ~

We hurried back to Tyus to tell him that we have already obtained all 4 pieces of slate. Tyus told us that each of the slate contains a fragment of the cursed jewel and Sage Weshyun should be able to combine the fragments of jewel into one.


We went back to Welshyun and he used the Blue Gemstone that we gave him and combined the 4 pieces of slate into a Complete Tablet. He told us that the slate belongs to the Hellion Revenant and he can send us to the location indicated in the Slate. In just seconds we found ourselves wandering at the Geffen field.


As we walked down the slope, I noticed that there is a black area in the cliff. The black area of the cliff appears to be a cave. As I go near the Sealed Cave, the slate starts to glow. I place the slate on the slot and Tyus’s Message appeared.


We were then warped into a map where the Hellion Revenant roamed. The map is similar to the Bossnia Map with some creepy ambiance. We spawn at the center of the map unlike in Bossnia that we spawn at the upper right part of the map. The map contains Wraith, Wraith Dead, Various Plants and Wind Ghost.


We tried to find the Hellion Revenant on the map by walking counter clockwise on the map but there was no sign of the Hellion Revenant. When I was busy killing a Wraith, I didn’t notice that the Revenant started attacking Serendy. I immediately throw Acid Bomb at him but Serendy died just before I got his attention. The revenant changed his target and started attacking Yahir my vanilmirth but Yahir didn’t withstand the strength of the Hellion Revenant. Then the Revenant attacked me until I lied flat on the ground. With the help of the Token of Zigfried that I bought from the Valkyrie Cash NPC, I revived myself and started bombarding the Hellion Revenant with my powerful Acid Bomb. The Hellion Revenant is very hard to combat. He has a very fast attack speed, fast move speed and constantly heals back. With few more instant resurrection and bottle throwing, I was able to completely defeat the revenant.




Upon his death, the revenant left behind two pieces of Eye of Hellion. I used the Leaf from the Yggdrassil Tree to resurrect Serendy and gave her one of the Eye of Hellion.




Serendy and I went back to Tyus to tell him that we finally defeated the Hellion Revenant and presented him the Eye of Hellion. As a token of appreciation Tyus has given us an Old Blue Box, a Nile Rose [1] and some experience points.


End of Quest ^_^

Credits:
I would like to give credits to iROwiki for providing the steps on going through this quest.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

can i ask if you can do the quest 2 times or more?

Herbert said...

The quest is non-repeatable.

[ben] said...

how much experience? herbert nice blog btw :)

Herbert said...

If you killed the revenant you'll receive 1200000 exp and if not you'll receive 1000000.
from irowiki
http://irowiki.org/wiki/Eye_of_Hellion_Quest

Anonymous said...

implemented n po b sya s new iris?? tnx!

Herbert said...

It should be implemented.
Part yan sa main patches ng Ragnarok

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...