Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Orange Bunny Band Upgrading Event

Overview:
Upgrading event has been around again and still has it's renewal touch. The concept of the upgrading is Sunny and Bright as contrast to the current rainy season we have in the Philippines when the event was implemented. Nonetheless the concept is in the direction of the color Orange so we have the Orange Bunny Band Event. Same concept and event rules apply where in adventurers will try to over upgraded Orange Bunny Bands and exchange them with hard to resist items on the lists provided by the GMs. The Orange Bunny Band has the attributes VIT +3, INT +2, STR +1 and over refinement bonus. The details of the event are provided on our Unified Forums.

Photobucket



Previous Event:
The Upgrading Event is now a regular event done by the game masters to spice up our Ragnarok Online experience. For each upgrading event there are new set of items added on the exchange list but some prizes remained unchanged. The noticeable addition on their list is the upgrade for Baphomet Horns and the return of Shield upgrade. They also introduced new MVP cards like Drake Card while Tao Gunka Card was changed to be available for all servers. For the stories behind the past upgrading events read the journals below.


Event Proper:
The event was released last September 22, 2011 but the actual trading day for Valkyrie server happened after a month which is October 23, 2011 just like the Silvah Bunny Band Event. Once again they provided a very long period of preparation and I'm confused on why would they want it to be extended this long. Sometime in between the preparation time they sold the Orange Bunny Band at the premium hypermart as part of their marketing strategy.

Photobucket

Unfortunately I didn't participate on the trading day itself because I was out of the country. There are uncontrolled circumstance that I faced like the time difference and real life stuff. I did break a lot of Orange Bunny Band ready for trading but there is a big chance that I won't be able to trade them. I effortly ask my friends to trade them for me with my cute teary eyes flashed (lol). Luckily I was able to convince Jaina Drei, Aerin and angel_sweet16 for trading my items. After some more sweet talks eventually angel_sweet16 did the trade for me. Thanks Jaina, Aerin and Angel you all are true friends. mwah!

Photobucket

During the trading day, I was able to catch up the last hour of the trading. The first thing that I search for is the trading location. With some inquiries and research I was able to get the info that the trading is happening in Rachel. I used the premium warp to get to the map easily. I looked for the line to see the last number but it seems there are few traders left in-front of GM Yeshamel. Players who lined up at this time were immidiately warped to the trading room. I therefore conclude that what I'm seeing were last minute traders.

Photobucket

My friends noticed that I'm online with few hours left before the trading time is over. They catch my attention and ask me to explain myself on why did I ask for the favor to trade the bunny bands if I can make it in time. So I explained to them that I might miss the trading day if I haven't ask for the favor. It's just that the GMs are patient enought this time to stay until the end of trading unlike the previous bunny band event.

After a while some of my friends and guildmates gather up beside GM Yeshamel and talked about random stuff. Somehow while we stayed there we became ushers to last minute traders on the trading mechanics. We stayed on the area until the trading time is over.

Photobucket

I don't have a clue on the number of people in Valkyrie who traded but my friends told me it is around 410++. So it seems Valkyrie people are still into this event. What I like on this event is that the GMs made the trading fast and accommodate people upto the last minute of the time given. Kudos to our GMs.

Notes:
The image below shows the table for exchanged items for this event. The image has been taken from the official announcement of GM Aeon at the Unified Forums. I have replicated the image for archiving purposes only.

Photobucket
.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...