Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Scaraba Hole First Expedition

Episode 13.3 has been long implemented on our servers but I haven't step on its grounds until these time. I'm pretty much excited to visit the place because its a major patch which follows the story line. My friends and I found a common time to explore and have an adventure in the new land called El Dicastes.

Photobucket


I gave the name "Scaraba Expedition Squad" to our party because basically we are going to explore the new dungeon called Scaraba Hole. I have a great expectations on this dungeon so might as well confirm if it is truly a great dungeon to explore, farm and level up. I used my Archbishop for this expedition because I finished most of the prerequisite quests for the Scaraba Hole entrance quest. And also none of my friends will be using a character that will be doing the support role so it's a good choice on my part to use my Archbishop. The adventurers for these expedition are my friends sankaku a Rune Knight, Cai Wen Ji a Genetic, Skyllia a Royal Guard and Ethereal Nairian a Royal Guard. As you can see they are all offensive type craving for monster blood!

Photobucket

Before we entered the Scaraba Hole, Some of us including myself had to perform the prerequisite quests. At the end of the quest we got the "Light of El Dicastes". It is an accessory which grants the adventurer a skill which can be used to instantly warp to El Dicastes Town. It is a very convenient item in instantly going back to El Dicastes and skip all the walking. After receiving the accessory we proceed on the entrance quest to Scaraba Hole level2.

Photobucket

Performing the Sapha's Visit and Doha's Secret Orders quests will be the key in going to Scaraba Hole level 2. After those quests we entered the dungeon conveniently and started killing these insect monsters. I'm visualizing this dungeon comparable with the pre-renewal Thor Volcano. Unfortunately it is not as mobby as I'm expecting and it's hard to create a mob trail.

Photobucket

I cannot readily guage the experience gain for this expedition because we are five in the party who shares the experience. But based on the number of party members I can say that it is very slow. I checked the database and I the experience gain on this dungeon is not that grand as I was expecting. Maybe a two man party would be good on this setting. But then again nothing beats the power leveling offered by Bossnia Dungeon and Endless Tower.

Photobucket

Most of the monsters in the dungeon are very tough. They have high HP and does not easily fall down with one area skill. However, Cai Wen Ji on the other hand proved that the combination of Demonic Fire and Fire Expansion level 5 is an overkill on these insects. I guess that is not the point on leveling up in a dungeon like Scaraba Hole. We need to kill as many monsters as possible and as fast as possible using a skill which is not too dependent on consumable items like Dragon Breath of Rune Knights or Overbrand of Royal Guards.

Photobucket

Our expedition continues with too much ease. I can feel that we are too powerful for this dungeon and there is not much challenge to face. Maybe the status infliction with critical wounds and bleeding of some Scarab is a good annoyance but I think it is not enough. Because we are looking for a better challenge on the dungeon we tried to look for the MVP named Scarab Queen. Instead of facing with the MVP we met her gravestone marker! If you're not familiar with the new feature, the gravestone is an indication that the MVP on the map is dead and you have to wait for its next respawn. What an unfortunate expedition I guess even the MVP has no challenge too.

Photobucket

So that ends our expedition. We spent enough time to familiarize ourselves with the dungeon and guage if its worth revisiting. And my verdict would be it's not as great as I have expected. Definitely its not a dungeon for Lv150 adventurers. There will be a new feature called Nightmare mode where in adventurers can access the harder version of a certain dungeon. Scaraba Hole will be one of the first maps to receive this feature. Maybe Nightmare Scaraba Hole will have more challenge packed for max level characters. I can't help myself setting another expectations for the Nightmare version. I hope when these feature comes out it will have the challenge we are looking for.

7 comments:

jehzlau said...

Whoa! patay gutom. :D Anong server u Herbert? Patay Gutom din guild ko, sa New Chaos naman. hehe. :D

This is my char in NC: http://www.pataygutom.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/waldnersarsenal.png

Hehe. :D

Herbert said...

Valkyrie server ko jehzlau. coincidence lang yata yung guild name natin. hehe.

Yung samin e Patay Gutom Gang. Yung senyo is Patay Gutom. pero nice meeting you. =)

Anonymous said...

wla kbang kopya or guide pra s scaraba hole quest?

Herbert said...

Dito po ako nakabased pag mga quests
http://irowiki.org/wiki/Quests
hanapin nyo na lang yung El Dicastes quests dyan

Anonymous said...

Herbert you're a good writer. You really enjoy ragnarok. Moreover, your website helps me alot. I hope that we will meet someday and have some fun exploring Ragnarok. I am from Valkyrie but I just transfer to NL. ~ [ Supreme Legis ] * Rey

Herbert said...

Thanks Rey. Ragnarok experience is fun when shared with friends. Hope to meet you too. My home server will always be valkyrie tough.

jehzlau said...

oo nga eh. hehehe.. nag reply ka pala here. now lng ulit ako naka drop by. :))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...