Monday, June 4, 2012

Boss hunt – August 1, 2009

Archive Post from August 2009 

The MVP run that we had for that day has been roughly planned. We just thought of having something to do as a guild so we decided to have an MVP hunt. The Geffen tower has been our chosen target for this run. The idea is to challenge the MVPs of the Geffen Tower using our own strength and strategy.

We had accommodated a bigger party during this MVP session. These are the participants who joined the Boss hunt.
  • ~ Herbie Boy ~ - a paladin which is the tanker
  • angel_sweet16 – a high priest that loves casting sanctuary
  • John Constantine. – a high priest who is task to regularly cast Assumptio on the tank and support at the same time
  • <<high priest>> - a priest who is a support also
  • .blur. – a wizard suppose to be mob control but cannot cast AoE due to friendly fire feature on PK maps
  • Kohi – a hunter one of the main killers
  • Ayano^^ - a hunter and one of the main killers
  • Seichirou – a soul linker one of the killers and mob control
  • .  . .S.i.n.  . . – an assassin



Geffen Tower level 2

The party has been organized at the Geffen town and instructed all members to save at the Geffen Kafra. All of us were very excited entering the Geffen dungeon so we proceeded at the base of the Geffen Tower. After some briefing and waiting for other members to finish their preparations, we marched towards the lower grounds of the tower. We went down the staircase until we reached the first level then to the second level.

Upon reaching the 2nd level, I started scouting for MVP Dracula. While I was scouting the other members stick together and had their own scouting as well. By the time I located a group of familiars flying, I easily recognized the presence of Dracula. So I informed the party that I have found Dracula at the lower right part of the map. The team rushed on the area then started attacking. But they were attacking at the wrong monster.

I told them that Dracula has an Invisibility skill which lets himself be hidden unless detected with revealing skills. I asked one of the Priests that he must cast Ruwach at me to reveal Dracula. This technique will ensure that Dracula will stay visible all the time and all hits will be towards him. The Ruwach then hit Dracula and revealed him so the team immediately attacked Dracula with their might.

I also instructed the Priests to cast Pnuema as a protection for the Hell's Judgement of Dracula. Though two Priests were casting Pnuema while one is casting Sanctuary, there were still casualties because they don’t seek protection under the Pnuema. I told them again and again to regularly cast Pnuema and attackers should be under the Pnuema at all times. There are times that they slipped which caused their death from Hell's Judgement.

After some time Dracula became weak and has been defeated. Ayano was then proclaimed as MVP for these run. She did not expect this because we have a lot of killers for this run.


Geffen Tower level 3

After defeating MVP Dracula, the team decided to move further within the Geffen Tower Dungeon. We have a very high spirit after the defeat of Dracula so we wanted more. This time we want to challenge MVP Doppelganger. He is very fearsome MVP due to his very fast movement and fast attack speed coupled with an armor breaking skill.

At first I want to scout for the MVP, but as I move away from the party I am having a hard time escaping from the mobs of monsters that I encountered. I decided to stick with the team as we go on searching for Doppelganger. As we move along, we cleared our way so as not to create so many mobs when we finally bumped on Doppelganger.

The team found Doppelganger at the lower mid part of the map looking for a victim to kill. I immediately submit myself to the attacks of Doppelganger and tank him. Our wizard casts Quagmire at him, which slightly slows him down at the expense of being Quagmired as well. Then the killers started attacking Doppelganger just like what they did with Dracula.

The tanking of Doppelganger seems very smooth but putting him down is taking too much time. I was able to hold-on with his attacks even in Power Up state of Doppelganger thanks to the constant heal that our Priests are giving me. At our slight mistake, Doppelganger unexpectedly changed target and started murdering the other members of the party. I tried my best to divert the attacks of Doppelganger at me but our party leader used the Giant Fly Wing.

As a result the whole team was teleported on another side of the map. The whole team asks the party leader what happened because we could still manage to regain our original set up. She explained to us that Doppelganger was already attacking her and she mistakenly pressed the Giant Fly Wing. She was suppose to press the Insurance but pressed the Giant Fly Wing instead.

Without any further discussions we want back to where we left the MVP. I lured Doppelganger to our set up and tanking him again. The team then started attacking him again then finally Doppelganger went down. I was expecting someone from the attackers who gained the MVP but luckily I was the MVP for this run. This means that I have taken so much damage more than the damage dealt by our attackers to Doppelganger so I gained the MVP. That was a very tiring MVP run.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...