Saturday, June 18, 2011

War of Emperium - June 6, 2011

I have not been posting any War of Emperium post for a long time now. There are a lot of things that happened during the time when I'm not posting anything until today. My former guild rhswrdzrnyvhgzxckljmcxv has decided to transfer to New Loki leaving everything behind. Because none of my friends wanted to transfer and personally I don't want to be bothered with starting from scratch again we decided to stay in Valkyrie. So life goes on in Valkyrie server for us.


Starting fresh on a New guild



Flashbacks:
By the time rhswrdzrnyvhgzxckljmcxv decided to lie low on Valkyrie, Blur, Jaina, Aerin and I decided to scout for potential guild that will satisfy our hunger for guild war. We need a guild who participates in WoE regularly, has the capability to be competitive and somehow we can blend into the guild culture. It may not necessarily has a big name but at least its name rings a bell in our mind. We're not really particular with the guild supply because we can provide supplies on our own regardless of job class we use. So any guild will surely be a nominee for us. I'm the one responsible in giving out guild names while the feedback and decision making must be unanimous for everyone. If one of us didn't want the guild then we will hop to another one. We spent at least 1 siege day to evaluate a guild.

Straying out on the 3rd map of the castle

For some reason we were able to hop on guild that sounds familiar to a beta player like me. The guild that I'm talking about is Untouchables. I kept my expectation low as we join this guild so as not to cloud my decision making when we evaluate the guild. Personally I can say that we have a worse siege experience on this guild. The guild badly needs good core job classes to perform better. Added to the stir is a GM who starts to emo once the guild does not acquire an agit. I'm about to tell my friends to hop on another guild because honestly I lost hope on this guild. But Jaina and Aerin wanted to stay a little longer for some reason so I agreed to give it another chance. The guild stayed weak for many wars but believe it or not we stayed on this guild. Wait what??

Emergency call on an Empty Brinotiah Agit!

Guild Situation:
I can't explain it either but somehow Untouchables guild caught our attention and we stayed on this guild from the time that it is still weak until the present. I just realized that this guild needs us and we can see our individual contribution into the guild that is why we stayed even during its worst times. I can't deny that at first we are just acting as "pamparami" (addition) to the guild until we filled the crucial role of the core job classes of the guild. From a Shadow Chaser and Royal Guard, I've shifted to a Sorcerer to fill up one of the support backbone of the guild. The worst scenario is that I'm the only Sorcerer in the guild. With my role change we were performing better than when I'm a Shadow Chaser. Jaina on the otherhand shifted from a Wanderer to a Howler type Genetic. Our strength on guild versus guild increased a lot because of this. Aerin shifted from Shura to a Breaker/Killer Guillotine Cross. Although Aerin is not the only breaker in the guild, I personally commend Aerin for his durability and fast breaking technique even if he has to compete with enemy breakers. Blur is away so we can't expect him to join us until August.

Valkyrie Realm Agit Conquered by the time I reached the Emperium Room

The War:
Before, we are only conquering Valkyrie Realm agits because we can only afford to roam on this map. As time passes by we now have the luxury of jumping from one agit to another. I can still remember that everytime our agit has been conquered we  have a difficult time reclaiming our castle thus we are forced to shift our attack on a different agit with minimal defense. Our aim is to get an agit at the end of the siege no matter what. But eventually this has changed.

Attacking a defended Greenwood Lake Agit

From what I have observed we also have drastically increased in number and our potential for winning a guild clash went up a little higher. We also gained a lot of loyal members which contributes a lot in the guild. Giving-out siege related information also helped a lot in our guild strategies in terms of clearing the emperium room, countering certain status and members acting upon personal discretion (I call it personal playstyle). Sample basic info would be wearing a Fire attribute armor will drastically cut the damage of Dragon Breath. Most of our members now are more on guild oriented during siege and not acting like a PK freak who runs loose to kill each and every player he sees on the screen. Yep I do believe that siege intel is crutial in turning people to be more WoE oriented. As they say knowledge is power.

Clashing another defended agit in Luina

The guild is somehow stable now. The key roles for a good guild has been played by talented members in the guild so I think we are now competitive enough to engage in a lot of guild clashes. The only loop hole that I see on our guild is the lack of Warlock class for massive spells. We do need the aid of Warlock disabling skills like White Imprison, Frosty Misty and Earth Strain. I hope one of these days someone will fill that role. But other classes are all welcome to join if they are interested.

Guild Picture after a successful War!

Overall I'm happy with my current guild. It fills up my thirst for a good WoE. I'm looking forward for a dramatic WoE that is different from the posts that I have made on this blog to make it worth reading. This is my tribute post to my current guild. n_nU

Notes:
The things I wrote on this post are my personal perception of the situation. It also includes my personal experience and personal analysis of our war of emperium. I have no intention of bragging or making someone in a negative note.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha tamah ka nga .. i can't explain how UT guild touched my soul .. there's something w/ them i really loved .. hahaha

-=Lady Luiji=-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...