Monday, June 6, 2011

Memories of Ragnarok – pRO 6th Anniversary Quest

Archive Post from May 2009

Overview:
The quest has been implemented at Valkyrie server last May 25, 2009. The main goal of the quest is to receive tickets from the Anniversary Ticket Girls. The Anniversary Ticket Girls are located in different places around Midgard. After receiving tickets you could convert that to in game prices listed. For more information about the quest kindly refer to the pRO site.

Start of Quest:
In order to start the quest, you must locate the Anniversary Ticket Girl at the center of Prontera. She will then instruct you on what to do in the quest. From time to time she will use the emotion /! indicating that she is the initiator of the quest.



After finding the Anniversary Ticket Girl, you will then choose a location ranging from Easy, Middle, Difficult, High Task and Guild Dungeons. The quest location that you have chosen will register on your quest window (via Alt+ U). Double click on the quest will prompt you the quest details including the reward given after finishing the quest.

Side Note:
Only newly added quest has this feature. Old quests are still being updated to have this feature.



For each chosen location, you must find the Anniversary Ticket Girl that will give you the 6th anniversary festival ticket. The number of tickets given is based on the difficulty of the location. Harder locations will give you more tickets as compared to the easier ones. Total number of tickets earned in this quest is 102.

 
Due to the difficulty of some maps, I drag one of my friends to do the quest with me. It took me some time to convince my friend to join me in this quest that’s why we started the quest a little bit late. I have chosen to use my brother’s account for the quest because he badly needs the badges. The quest tickets have the promise of exchange 2 tickets for 1 badge of choice.


Side Note:
For all our quests, I will be narrating some of our journey while going to the destination map. Additionally, I will also be injecting some of my memories relating to the map during my Loki Days and Valkyrie Days. The quest suggests that going through this quest will let reminisce the Ragnarok world.


~ Easy Locations ~

The locations set on easy are really easy provided that you are a Premium User. Most destinations could be accessed immediately with the use of the Odin’s Kafra Warper. But without a premium, you will have a hard time reaching these locations since most of them are at the innermost part of the dungeon. Also, Valkyrie Server setting prohibits teleportation except from giant fly wing so walking patiently is needed.

Prontera Culverts
The prontera culvert is a map full of bugs. During the beta days, players flock this place and most parties are at random. Most melee class like swordsman, thief and merchant goes here for leveling and acolytes finds easy party in this map. But now a day you rarely see people around this map.
Travelling this map is quite easy for us. We just use the Odin’s Warp Kafra and we are already at the top floor of Prontera Culvert and the Ticket Girl is standing near the spawn. It’s an easy ticket for us.




Byalan Dungeon
Byalan Dungeon is a dungeon with a theme of being under the sea that’s why it is also called Undersea Tunnel. Most of my characters during the old days use to level up here since most of the monsters here are easy to kill and has good loots. Needed cards like Marc Card and Hydra Card are also here. My most memorable days in this map is when my rouge is trying to gather lots of ancient lips just to make a Magicians Hat. Then later I found out that the Hat is just for show off and doesn’t have a good stat to complement it.

Our travel in this map is somewhat longer because the Odin’s Warp Kafra provides warp at the 3rd level of the dungeon. So my friend and I walk until we reached the 5th level of the dungeon. The upper right part of the 4th level has a heavy mob as always which makes our travel a little difficult. We had used Frost Joke to control some of the mob.




Payon Dungeon
Payon dungeon is a dungeon which contains mostly demon and undead monsters. This dungeon is very popular during the early phase of a new server. Most archers, mages and acolytes flock this map for easy experience even if they are one hit killed by monsters. There are also a number of random parties here. As the server matures, the number of people that resides here decreases. There are a lot of memories that I had in this map. It includes, leveling while hunting for a slotted muffler, taming my favorite pet which is a Bongun, having random parties at the first level of the dungeon, and having fun with the hydras at the 3rd level.

My MVP memory in this map is very competitive. Most MVP hunters including us keeps track of the time of arrival of Moonlight so everyone gathered at the middle of the Dungeon. ME priests already laying their Magnus Exorcismus just before moonlight appears while hunters are already preparing their Double Strafe skill. When moonlight spawns a priest suddenly casts pnuema at the spawn so that leaves the Magnus Exorcismus damaging Moonlight. In the end, the ME Priest got the MVP while receiving a load of trash talks from the Hunters.

Travelling in this map is slightly difficult. The Odin’s warp provides the warp to the 4th level only so we had to walk up to the 5th level. The 5th level has a heavy mob of Ninetails but we manage to get the tickets by freezing them with frost joke.




Coal Mines
Coal Mines is a dungeon which has monster drops of ore like items. This dungeon has a little memory on me but this map is popular for people with forger characters. The greatest memory that I could remember in this map is when I was desperately hunting for an elven ear. Since I could not afford to buy one during the old days, I decided to hunt it by myself and ended up with nothing. T_T

The travel on this map is somewhat confusing especially at the 2nd level of the dungeon. The Odin’s Warp only had taken us at the maze of the 2nd level. My friend and I had to consult the ragnaboards just to figure out how to get through the maze.



Orc Village
Orc Village as the name suggests is full of Orcs. The dungeon of Orc Village consists of only 2 levels. During the beta days, I am envious with people whom I watched at the computer shop with a character that are already leveling at the Orc Dungeon. That time I don’t even know how to reach the Orc Dungeon Map. My most memorable experience in this map so far is leveling with my vanilmirth Yahir at the Orc Dungeon 2. I became an expert on being an AFKemist. But sometimes I also chat randomly with other Alchemist.

Valkyrie Server has set the Orc Village as a PK map and I am also aware that there are “tambays” on that map who PK random people that spawns there. We felt threatened so my friend and I decided to have an alternate route which is at the Britoniah Map. Then we pass through the Poison Spore map then goes straight down at the Orc Village. We entered directly to Orc Dungeon 2 where the Ticket Girl is located.



Kunlun Dungeon!
Kunlun Dungeon has a themed based on Taoism. This map is not that memorable for me. I had spent some time here when I am desperately hunting for honeys and royal jellies.

The travel on the map is just fine. There are mobs of Evil Nymphs that binds and Cloud Hermits that shoots long range attacks which makes them so annoying and difficult to handle. I had taken the tickets just before the mob knocked me out.
 


Geffen Dungeon
Geffen Dungeon is one of the oldest dungeons that exist in the whole Midgard. This dungeon is rarely been used as a level up map because of the difficulty of the map as against the experience that it gives. During the old days the end level part of the dungeon is used Magnus Priest and Grand Cross Crusaders to level up their character.

Our travel on this map is somewhat exciting. At the 2nd level of the map we accidentally bump with MVP Dracula. My friend and I didn’t bother to try our luck and kill him but instead we continued our journey towards the topmost level. We were able to survive the mob at the topmost level with the help of Frost Joke. After we have taken the ticket, I changed character then we hunted down Dracula and claimed his bounty.

 

 
Toy Factory
Toy Factory is a Christmas Themed dungeon. From monsters, to the ambiance, sounds and even the MVP are related to Christmas. During the old days, I used to spend time leveling up here because the loots have high value plus the experience gain is also high.

Our travel in this map is very easy. We just used again the Odin’s Dungeon Warp and we had arrived at the 1st level of Toy Factory. A little walk and then we found the NPC.


 
~ Middle Locations ~

The middle locations is a combination of easy dungeons to average dungeons. Just like the easy maps, most of the destination maps here are reachable through the Odin’s Kafra Warp. When you have not avail of the Odin’s Warp, you will have a difficult time reaching the destination map since the Ticket Girls are located at the deepest part of the dungeon plus the dungeons itself are somewhat far away from the town.

Morroc Pyramids
Morroc Pyramids is an Egypt themed map where there are a lot of undead that resides this map. This dungeon is very popular at the early phase of a server where archers and acolytes mobbed the monsters there. The pyramid is also where I use to level up my Priest using Turn Undead on the ancient mummies. I also randomly bumped on MVP Osiris at the topmost part of the pyramids and MVP Amon Ra at the basement of the pyramids but I only watch MVP hunters kill them.

The travel on this map is really easy with the help of the Odin’s Kafra Warp. The map is not that monster heavy since there are no people leveling in this map. The Valkyrie Setting had set this map in PK that’s why there are no people leveling in this map.



Sphinx Dungeon
Sphinx dungeon has also Egypt themed monsters. I have no significant memory on this dungeon not until the monster Anubis has been implemented on this map. Because of the experience boost that this monster gives coupled with its Demi-human Undead property makes him very desirable to any job class. Most of my characters in Valkyrie have leveled up at this map.

Going the destination map has been easy with the help of the Odin’s Kafra Warp. Just a few walk and you will be able to locate the Ticket Girl.




Ice Dungeon!
My first impression on this dungeon is it’s so white and bright. When this map has hit the main servers, it became popular immediately. I have lots of characters who leveled up here since the experience gain is very fast and the spawn is also fast. Every time we spend time leveling up at the 3rd level of the dungeon, we first visit the center of the dungeon. We check on the fires that were burning on each pole. When the fire is off, it means that the MVP Ktullanux has been summoned so extra caution is needed.

Going up the dungeon from the 1st level until the 3rd level is very easy. Most of the monsters here are easy to evade because most of the monsters here has very slow movement speed.




Louyang Dungeon!
Louyang Dungeon is themed after the ancient china. I had no significant memory on this map. I also thought that this map is deserted. The greatest memory that I could think of in this map is when my friends drag me to kill random MVPs. They have decided to pay visit to MVP White Lady. Just a few Extremity Fist from my friend’s Champion and we had defeated her.

The travel going through the destination map is also easy. Just one warp from the Odin’s Warp and few walks and we have located the Ticket Girl.




Magma Dungeon
Magma Dungeon is a fire themed dungeon. Although the 2nd level of this map contains a mixed of different element monsters, the map itself is blazing hot. This map is not also that popular nowadays, during the old times this map has been one of the targets of wizards to level up. The monster spawn rate here is very high which makes mobbing very easy.

Our travel in this map in general is hard. The first level of the map is quite easy since the map is not spawn heavy. By the time we reached the 2nd level, an amusing mob had greeted us. I had to make an effort to reduce the mob but they keep on coming. We had decided to use some Giant Fly Wing to teleport us to the Ticket Girl. Luckily with few teleports we are able to reach the Ticket Girl and there are only few mobs on her location.


 
Sunken Ship
The Sunken Ship is a wrecked ship full of pirate themed monsters. The map is not that experience rewarding but the presence of Ghostring at the 1st level and MVP Drake at the 2nd level makes this map desirable. One of my greatest memories in this map is when I was trying to figure out on how to copy MVP Drakes Water Ball lvl10. I made an INT type stalker (not very popular in the old days) for the plan of copying the deadly Water Ball lvl10. Every time I made a visit on the ship, I always meet Drake at his room. And every time he sees me he immediately fires me with his mighty Water Ball. As expected, I didn’t survive the attack but I was able to copy his skill. Water Ball lvl10 has a very long casting time but with a very powerful damage with each blows of water.

Our travel in this map is quite easy at the lower levels. When we have reached MVP Drakes room, we found him roaming around as if he was expecting a visitor. We tried to walk 1 cell forward one after the other hoping that he will not see us. We are very lucky to have the Ticket Girl at the edge of our screen without Drake noticing us sneaking in his room.



~ Difficult Locations ~

The locations assigned as difficult are really difficult. Most of the destination maps are too far from the Odin’s Warp being provided. An additional walking skill is need on these maps.

Glast Heim Prison
Glast Heim is one of the most popular places in ragnarok. At the early phase of a server, most of the players tend to level up their characters here at the Glast Heim Prison because of the fast experience that it gives. Also mobs of people is already enough to knock down a high level monster in this dungeon. I had spent a lot of memories on this map from beta days up to my Valkyrie days. This map is where you will experience paying for a Magnificat Party, creating a pub saying “Paresu po 2k” and sometimes you will be scammed with this kind of services.

The trip to Glast Heim was made easy because of the Odin’s Warp. Once you have reached Glast Heim Prison, the Ticket Girl is also on the sight.




Glast Heim Staircase
Glast Heim Staircase is one of the deserted maps of pRO. Most of the monsters here don’t give a complementing experience plus the lack of rewarding drops makes it worse. The terrain of the map makes hunting for monsters difficult. I have no significant memories on this map.

The trip to this map is tedious. We have to walk from the Odin’s warp spawn at the Glast Heim Prison up to the Glast Heim Staircase. Since Valkyrie server doesn’t have any teleportation, we have to go through the winding staircase just to reach the middle part of the map where the Ticket Girl is located.





Glast Heim Castle!
Glast Heim Castle is one of the hardest maps during the beta days. This is where Baphomet was originally spawns. As the game progress, The MVP Baphomet has been moved to another map and has been replaced by a mini boss Chimera. The memory that I can draw from this map is when I assisted my brother harry to reached lvl99 as a bard at Loki Server. This map is also our favorite map to level up where our party is composed of a Priest and a Grand Cross Build Crusader.

The trip to this map is one of the hardest that we had. We have to be cautious in walking so as not to create mob of monsters. We tried to kill each and every monster that we meet but an abysmal knight is too hard for us to handle. We tried to run away as much as possible but we ended up meeting with a Chimera. Our efforts to run away again had created a mob which eventually killed us both. Our second attempt to reach the Ticket Girl has been smooth because we have placed the mob at a corner.






Mine Dungeon in Einbech
The mine dungeon at Einbech is also one of the deserted maps of pRO. The 2nd level of the map contains aggressive monsters with high attack and high defense. A memory that I had remember on this map is when my brother, a friend and I decided to visit the mine dungeon. We accidentally meet up with MVP RSX-0806 and then we decided to take our chances and kill him. Our party is composed of a Paladin, a High Priest and a Minstrel. For long hours of damaging him, we were able to beat him and leaving us some crap drops.

The trip to this map is very easy though we are very cautious while walking to prevent mobbing. We just walk towards the lower right of the map and meet up with the Ticket Girl.





Turtle Island Dungeon
Turtle Island Dungeon is themed on turtles as the name implies. The dominant monsters here were turtles with a very high defense. This map is also memorable for me. My brother and I used to level up at the topmost floor of the Turtle Islands. His Vulcan Arrow with proper preparations will one hit kill a turtle. Once we have bumped with MVP Turtle General, I call out to my friends and helped us killing Turtle General.

Our turtle island tour is not that hard. It took us some time before we have reached the Ticket Girl but we still manage to survive the map.





Umbala Dungeon
Umbala Dungeon is themed after an African tribe if I could compare it. This map has been popular to our server because the monsters here now drops Poison Spores and Stems which are essential in making Fire Bottles and Coating Bottles for Alchemists. This map has not been that memorable for me except that it’s just a pathway leading to Niffleheim where I used to level up my Grand Cross Crusader.

Our trip to the dungeon is very easy. The monsters here are not heavy though the map is a little bit confusing.





Comodo Dungeon
Comodo Dungeon is a beach dungeon. The destination map on this dungeon houses dangerous monsters like medusa, merman and the MVP Tao Gunka. This place is not that popular also and I myself had never spent some time leveling up here.

Our travel here is comical. The dungeon is literally empty while we travel on the map then suddenly we meet up with MVP Tao Gunka which knock us out. We have no choice but to go back at the dungeon and choose another route. But we have realized that even if we take another route we will still bump with Tao Gunka. With some maneuvering skills we are able to reach the Ticket Girl with ease.








~ High Task Locations ~

The high task locations were destinations with a very high risk at stake just to reach the destination. The maps is only composed of 2 dungeons namely the Clock Tower and the Thor’s Volcano.

Clock Tower – 1st level
Clock tower 1st level is a small map which contains easy monsters. I have no idea why they have added this map for the High Task Location. One of my memories for this map is when I am diligently collecting Evil Horns from the Baphomet Jrs. During that time I have the fantasy of creating an Antler for the Christmas Season. I was thinking of dressing up my Blacksmith as a Rudolf the red nose rain deer.

Our trip on the 1st level of the Clock Tower is just like saying hi to a friend. It has no challenge and could be considered as the easiest map to reach. It is easier than the Easy Locations.




Clock Tower – 2nd basement
Clock tower 2nd basement is located very deep within the clock tower. This map is very popular for Wizards and High Wizards because of the heavy mobs of High Orcs within the area. I used to have random party back in the days. I just pub at the clock tower entrance and a random wizard will agree for the party then we’re off.

Our trip on the 2nd basement needs a lot of effort. We have to climb on the tower and locate the shortcut warp point that connects it to the 2nd basement. When we have reached the top level a mob of monsters greeted us. As usual freezing them with Frost Joke and killing them one at a time had solve our mob problems.
 


Clock Tower – sealed 4th level
The 4th level of the Clock Tower has been sealed. In order to access the map we spend some time hunting for the Key of Clock Tower.  The memories that I have in this map is when I had a party with a hunter friend. We spent a lot of time leveling up here. The loots that we’ve got here were sold at a high price. Because this map needs the key in order to access it, at times we are the only party leveling this map.

Our trip in this map has been stressful. We had spent so much time hunting the Key of the Clock at the 3rd level of the clock tower. We became impatient so we decided to hunt the Elders instead. We have searched the net only to find out that the Elders were at the Thanatos Tower. With some enthusiasm we climb the tower and been murdered by Ancient Mimics. We also spent some time here but we became desperate so we decided to buy it at the market instead. We burned 200k zeny for each key that we bought. Upon purchase we immediately climb the clock tower and our journey there is smooth.



Thor’s Volcano – 1st level
Thor volcano is considered to be one of the most difficult maps that the Ragnarok Online has. My friend doesn’t have the proper gears to withstand the enormous damage at the dungeon so we decided to have the quest in separate. I will go first then she will borrow my gears and go next. The dungeon has just been recently added so most of my memories here were at the Valkyrie Server. This dungeon became memorable when we had our Veins Siblings Quest. We had to travel a very long way until we reached the 2nd level of the dungeon. Nowadays this map has been the favorite leech spot and has become so crowded.

My travel here in this map is easy. With the help of the Odin’s Warp, I was able to talk to the Ticket Girl without dying.




Thor’s Volcano – 2nd level
The 2nd level of the volcano is much easier than the 1st level. The memory that I had in this map is when my friends and some guild mates travelled here for the Veins Siblings Quest. The Imps makes our quest a lot harder because of its fire wall which traps us. And also even if you are already dead he keeps on casting skills on your dead body.

My travel in this map is somewhat easy. I had to use Giant Fly wings for teleportation. I had hoarded a lot of the Giant Fly wings because it was on sale at that week. I managed to reach the Ticket Girl Without dying. Though I let myself be killed after I received the ticket so that I could get out of the map easily.



Thor’s Volcano – 3rd level
The 3rd level of the volcano is the toughest part of the whole Thor’s Volcano. It contains mobs of Salamander, Guardians and Kasas. Most of all it houses one of the high end MVP Ifrit. I consider this map as impossible to level up. Even with a full packed party will have an impractical leveling up here. This is my first time to reach this map.

Before I went to the Thor’s Volcano, I had prepared myself in order not to die easily in the map. I had geared myself with lucky dodge items, overweight with potions, and brought tokens of Ziegfried and giant fly wing. I had a smooth teleportation until I accidentally bumped at Ifrit. He killed me before I was able to react. It was a solid one shot attack. I stayed lying for a short time waiting for the right moment to resurrect myself with the use of the Token of Ziegfried. When I had my chance I immediately resurrect myself and flown away. I am somewhat lucky to talk to the Ticket Girl of the map without any monsters around.



~ Guild Dungeons ~

Guild Dungeons are special dungeons which are located beneath the Agits around Midgard. Only members of Agit Holder Guilds are able to access this dungeon. The challenge on this is locating the hidden switch that will let you go down into the dungeon. Each switch location varies from one Agit to another. So we need to be keen in locating these switches. Guild dungeons are PK maps which recognizes non-PK to guild members and allied members.

Payon Guild Dungeon
The Greenwood Lake guild dungeon is like the old payon map turned into a ghost town. During the old days my friend and I tried to level up here but the experience is not that rewarding. I have not spent long hours leveling up here.

Our travel in this map is very easy. A couple of Double Strafe does the job in controlling mobs as we go through the dungeon. The Ticket Girl is located at the upper mid House that looks like a shrine. We just talked to her from afar because the stairs towards her is full of mob.


Aldebaran Guild Dungeon
The Luina Guild Dungeon is like the sewers of Aldebaran. The structures here were similar to those found at the clock towers. During the old days, the clock tower is famous for being a fast way of reaching level 99. Guild members create a party which is composed of a Wizard, Priest, mobber, and other supports. I had also a first hand experience of this kind of party in which opposing guilds clashes even under the guild dungeon.

Our travel in this map is bloody. We tried to be cautious as much as possible by killing each monster that we meet. When we are already near at the Ticket Girl location, MVP Doppelganger suddenly attacked us. As expected we died so we tried another attempt. We choose another route just to be safe from being murdered again.


Prontera Guild Dungeon
The Valkyrie Guild Dungeon is like a cave. It does not show any significant structure indicating that it has to do with Prontera. We have tried leveling in this map but just like the Greenwood Lake Dungeon the experience here is not rewarding. I have not spent long hours leveling here.

Our travel in this map is as bloody as the Luina Dungeon. This is our first dungeon that we had entered among the different guild dungeon. We tried the freezing technique but it’s not that helpful in reducing the mob. While we were busy running away from the mobs Purple Maya suddenly appeared and attacked us. Since I was already near the Ticket Girl I talked to her just before I lay on the ground.


Geffen Guild Dungeon
The Britoniah Guild dungeon resembles the Geffen Tower Dungeon but more of being underground because of the presence of the waters. During the old days, this guild dungeon is one of the most populated dungeons. Most priest, wizards and hunters hunt this place for rares and high experience. This is the dungeon where I spent most of my time leveling up because I had a Turn Undead type Priest. Sometimes I also party with my Grand Cross Crusader friend or any guild member available. Also this dungeon is one of the hottest dungeons for seeking revenge to opposing guild. Upon meeting an opposite guild they will kill you upon sight. So aside from having a teleport skill, having a fly wing or butterfly wing is a must. I was once a victim of this kind of killing. >_<

Our travel here is also bloody. Upon spawn, MVP Dark Lord greeted us with a warm Meteor Storm followed by successive attacks with his mob. We didn’t survive him so we decided to wait for about an hour hoping that Dark Lord will teleport away from our location. After an hour, we went back and we were surprise that he is still there but much further from our spawn. We sneak out by walking on the walls and praying that Dark Lord will not see us. Luckily we reached the Ticket Girl without dying again.


Prize:
When all of the locations had been visited you will have a total of 102 accumulated tickets. These tickets will be used to exchange prizes at the Ticket Redemption NPC. For the complete list of prices that could be redeemed kindly refer to the pRO site.


As for me, I have exchange them all to Bravery Badge. I have plans on getting a Battle Guitar for my brother’s account.


Credits:
At this point I want to give credit to the guilds who has allowed us to join them. Our quest has not been completed without their help in providing us their dungeons for the quest. I would like to thank the following guilds:
            • Kingdom of Justice – Nards Division for Britoniah and Greenwood Lake Dungeons
            • Devour – [imba]`Justme Division for Valkyrie Guild Dungeon
            • Nonsense – Nikie Division for Luina Guild Dungeon

I would also like to thank the Thor leechers who escorted us and cleared our way towards Thor lvl2 warp portal. Thor lvl1 has a high density of mob which hinders us to move further into the dungeon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...