Wednesday, March 9, 2011

War of Emperium - March 8, 2011

As I have mentioned in my Facebook fan page I’m was not able to create write ups last week because I have little spare time to spend for blogging. You can follow my page by searching “RichKid Herbert” no space between the first two words. Anyways enough of advertising and read the rest of my siege post after the break. I definitely owe you a big post after hibernating for a while. This post features pRO Valkyries pre-Agit Lords siege!

Outside Banadis Agit the soon to be Honor Point Agit for the first phase of RPC 2010

I got online very late during the siege because of personal reasons. I hurriedly went to our save point in Juno to prepare my siege gears and needs. I didn’t receive any supplementary supplies from our guild because I was late but that's okay. It will not stop me from enjoying the second hour of the siege.

First Emergency Call that pulled me into the Banadis Agit

The Agit Lords mechanics has been posted on the Unified Forums this first week of march. The target agit for the RWC 2011: Philippine Leg Agit Lords first phase is Banadis Agit located at the lower right part of Valfrejya Agits. For those who are not aware Valfrejya Agits are located two maps below Rachel town.


Chaotic Emperium Room

Banadis Agit is definitely the chaotic Agit during this siege. It’s like every competing alliance is charging into this Agit to prove their worth. All players inside the Agit is doing their own thing like killing then rushing to towards the emporium room. At some point there are supports going on but most of the time you are own your own. At the emperium room, you can clearly see an organize team trying to defend or attack enemy alliances. Its like each member who are part of an alliance are thinking as one group.

Another corner Emergency Call from our talented guild master

But then again, nothing beats a successful Emergency Call in terms of organization. All members are prepared to attack and give support for every call from the guild master. The group can easily take down lone players but when faced with an organized group that would be another story.

Emperium room defense mode

When one of our alliance has taken over the Agit, we immediately shifted to defence mode. A group of people are defending the emperium using the old school emperium hug defence. Players who are blood thirsty on the other hand are the ones who scans the emperium room for hidden invaders. Banadis emperium room is very huge to defend and does have a spacious corners for doing an Emergency Call. You really need a whole alliance to properly scan each corner of the room and sees to it that there are no attempts of using Emergency Call. The game masters are wise enough to select this Agit for the Honor Points.

Masquerade Gloomy and Manhole victim

For a few minutes of holding invaders off the third barricade doorway. A lot of agile players were able to slip through our defences. We have no choice but to shift our defences from defending the whole emperium room into a tighter emperium hug defence. Because of this voluntary shift, not only agile players were able to enter the emperium room but most of the classes did break in.

And now a Full Strip victim which clearly shows that my class is a shadow chaser favorite

While I was about to join in the emperium hug defense, A shadow chaser stripped me naked on the floor. I got no choice but to pull back and join the alliance at the emperium. At that time a Royal Guard dives into our defences and started whacking the emperium. I tried to be useful as possible with my current naked state by calling a miraculous cross to fall down unto that Royal Guard. The Gloria Domini move definitely helps deplete the SP of the attacking Royal Guard which will eventually dries up his SP reserves. This way the imba skill called Reflect Damage will not work with dried SP. I guess Royal Guards are one of the best emperium breakers these days because they can easily dive into enemy lines and has a chance to wipe defenders with Reflect Damage.

From one Royal Guard breaker to three Royal Guard Breakers

Even if I’m a Royal Guard myself I can say that Reflect Damage is clearly imbalance. A single Royal Guard can spread out 40% of every damage he takes on an area. On a huge clash perspective that means when someone use Guillotine Fist on the Royal Guard every ally within the area will receive 40% of the huge damage which definitely kill most low HP characters. Now imagine if three Royal Guard dives into the defences then that would be three times more reflected damage. Yes you can counter them with Manhole, White Imprison or Dispell but does not change the fact that they are still alive and has the potential to wipe the guild by doing nothing and using reflected damage to kill. If someone in authority who read this post I hope that they would review this skill together with Howling of Mandragora. I would suggest that they give Reflect Damage long casting time so that the royal guard will think if he’ll be using Reflect Damage or Reflect Shield during critical situations. Or retain the casting time and reduce the reflected damage into 20~25% or whatever suits best.

Defending the emperium room by filtering players entering our zone

When our guild master made another emergency call for reinforcement, Jaina, zhanter and I decided to guard the lower right corner of the emperium room. We stick together to survive a group attack but based from what I have observed most players who went through our area were lone players rushing in. We had a lax time supporting each other and attacking players who comes close to our defence. It’s a great experience to bathe with my own shield buffs, Battle Chant buffs and Gloomy Shyness all together. I can clearly see a killer machine on my defensive type Royal Guard.

Ok so what happened? I’m being warped out of the Agit!

While Jaina and I are enjoying the bloodshed at the side of the emperium room. I was shocked that we were pulled out of the emperium room. At first I thought we were just Emergency Called by our guild master but I found myself on our spawn area. That means that someone had successfully break our alliance emperium. So we had to go back and reclaim the Agit.

Someone wearing a Lich Bone wand was hit causing wide curse!

Since everyone are flushed out of the Agit except for the Agit owners everyone are hurrying to go back to Banadis Agit. During that time there are no barricades and guardian stones blocking our way so all of as are literally rushing towards the Emperium room. The defending alliance was quick enough to set up a defence which led our alliance to set back at the doorway in the third barricade.

Alliance clash at the third barricade less the barricade

Looks like history is repeating itself but on another Agit. Our alliance had a hard time pressing their defences again. If my memory serves me right, the opposing alliance had a good pre-cast of Rune Knights casting Dragon Breath while their Warlocks are doing area spells. On a secluded area overlooking the opposite are from the Emperium room there are Genetics spamming Howling of Mandragora. At the third barricade doorway, there are a lot of Chaos Panic painted on the ground. Then there are Royal Guards with Reflect Damage ON coming out of the doorway to reflect damages into our attacking forces. When someone had entered the doorway, there are Rangers ready to cast Warg Bite to lock people and prevent them from going further inside the room.

Time Gaps and Lag is prevalent all through out the siege

Renewal siege really did a great job in making siege livelier. There are a lot of siege strategies coming out now because people are learning and getting used to their selected job classes. If I’m asked on how to invade this kind of defence, I would probably let a Sorcerer under Devotion to cast a Land Protect to clear out the Chaos Panic ground paints. Then let Royal Guards with Defending Aura and  Mechanics with Neutral Barrier rush into the enemy lines. Then shortly followed by Snapping Sura’s and Shadow Chaser using Shadow Form. Long range fighters like Warlocks, Rangers and Rune Knights with Dragon Breath will back up those who are entering the doorway by constantly spamming spells. The Genetics on the other hand can use counter Howling of Mandragora on the other side of the wall opposite the other alliances Genetics. The lack of Pnuema on this strategy will be deadly to some classes that is why I stated classes which can withstand long range attacks to initiate the attack. If the pre-cast has been broken then the rest of the guild may follow after. Sounds an easy plan but the execution will be very bloody hard.

Last minute conquer on an undefended Agit but didn’t make it

The whole duration of the siege is enjoyable amidst the constant lag and time gaps that we are experiencing. The last minutes of our siege has been spent in conquering an undefended Agit. It’s our battle against time but we didn’t make it. Well that’s how it is. The pre-Agit Lords siege is action packed and never failed my siege expectations. I hope to see more of these during the official season of Agit Lords.

Emperium room with the rest of our guild

Someone in our boards revealed the current alliances in our server and based from how it looks I believe it’s true. I won’t be featuring our enemy guilds this time but I will be listing the alliances line up. You can view my reference here. If you can provide me with the original emblem that I can use solely for my blog post that would be great. Send it to richkidherbert@yahoo.com or upload the emblem on my facebook fanpage and I’ll download it from there. If there are no emblems submitted to me then I'll just use paint to extract guild emblems from my screen shots. lol


Alliance 1: Kingdom of Justice, Eternal, Infinity and rhswrdzrnyvhgzxckljmcxv

Alliance 2: Endless, Genocide, Prestige, Shivans, Foreign Exchange, Lost Command and Schizo

Alliance 3: Morbid Outlaw, Madness and Mayhem, Valkyrie and Angels 5th

Most of the intense battles in the past few weeks were fought by the first and second alliance. However the alliance battles has been maintained to 4 vs 4 where in only the first four guilds I listed for Alliance 2 are involved in the clashes with our alliance. And for the rest of the guilds I have no idea what they’re up to but definitely they are strong enough not be ignored.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wala sabaw ung 2nd alliance...hehehehehe
di porket madami malakas na...madami nga cla eh isang db lang lusaw na di wala din..hahahaha ung alliance nila ang tinatawag na sabaw challenge..lahat ng pandaraya ginawa manalo lang..pati itlog at pride kinain...kawawa nmn=))

Anonymous said...

kulang ng illu at firefox ung 2nd alliance.. = )

saka wala ung 4th alliance..

Delta Nu, Impulse , Shinsei

Herbert said...

medyo andaming nangyari sa alliances ngayon. Ang RR humiwalay na sa 1st alliance this second phase. pero nung first phase kasama din namin ang Cronus at Angels 5th. ngayon no idea na ako sa current alliances.

Anonymous said...

yeah, madami nangyari nung last week ng phase 1..

pati ang delta nu alliance tumulong na sa geno alliance..

Herbert said...

Yung last days ng phase 1 talaga pinaka matinding laban sa Valkyrie eh. ako nga nahirapan pang sumingit ng slot kasi 56/56 lahat ng guild sa alliance.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...