Friday, March 18, 2011

Valkyrie Agit Lords 2011 – Day 1

Agit Lords 2011 has officially opened last March 9, 2011! The launched of the Agit Lords should be during the last week of February but because of unmentioned reasons the schedule has been moved two times. But our excitement never waned because we are all looking forward for an intense fight this year. We had formidable alliances clashing, battling and forming creative strategies to outwit each other. For the official Agit Lords mechanics please visit the Unified Forums.


The Agit Lords mechanics this year is more interesting compared to the previous year. Some mechanics are retained like having an Honor Agit and Siege Agits for earning points. However, this year the siege schedule has been retained and now it includes both WoE1 and WoE2 Agits for earning Siege points. Please see my War of Emperium Page for the regular siege schedule. The Honor Agit has been retained to only one Agit and in this case the selected Agit for phase 1 is Banadis located at the lower right of Valfreyja. The Siege Agits on the other hand are selected WoE1 and WoE2 Agits which means not all Agits will earn you Siege Points. Each siege day the Siege Point Agits varies but the Honor Agit remains the same for a specific Phase.


I’m looking forward in attending the first siege of the Agit Lords because it is where the momentum of all guilds and alliances starts. Sad to say that I’m late during this event so I haven’t got the screen shots of racing guilds rushing towards the Emperium. I also miss the chance of taking a picture of which GM had conquered the all Agits for this year. Anyway that’s still fine because the real joy of the Agit Lords is the war between competitive guilds and that’s what I’m after.


The first thing that I have noticed on this siege is the hard to explain lag outside the Agit. Because of this experience, I’m predicting that inside the Agit will have a worse lag. Once I entered the portal, I automatically experienced the lag that we always had during RPC season. But amidst the lag are various players at the entrance trying to dish out as many enemy players as possible. I call this the entrance action where the battles never end because of the continues supply of fresh bloods entering the agit.


Moving farther inside the Agit are small action where you have to survive debuffs, random skills from enemy players who are racing with you towards the Emperium. At this point you still have to be careful because once your enemies work together to kill you then you will have a harder time moving forward. At the room before the Emperium room is where the biggest battles happens. This is also the area where the attacking alliance are struggling to pass through the third barricade and defending alliance are carefully setting up defences.


The funnel like terrain of the third barricade of Banadis Agit is the best area to set up pre-cast and defences. We call this type of area the choke point. Basically the defending guild has the advantage on this type of terrain because they have the ability to set up traps and pre cast on the choke point while the attacking guild will have a hard time passing through that are. During this siege we are the attacking alliance and I can say it’s very hard to penetrate a well set up pre-cast on a choke point. If you are following my siege post or have participated on this siege you can see that history is repeating itself. We are having a hard time again breaking the well prepared pre-cast set at the choke point.


I tried many times diving into the choke point but I have a hard time walking towards their defensive line. First of all I’m experiencing tremendous lag so my reaction time is somewhat delayed. In order for me to survive the attacks coupled with lag even at full health I’m already pressing the shortcut for my potion. I was able to withstand most attacks but at some point I stop moving or I can’t control my character. I’m guessing that when I stopped moving either I was hit by a Ranger’s Warg Bite or I stepped on a Sorcerrers Extreme Vacuum. For the part of losing control of my character I’m guessing that either I was experiencing lag or I stepped on a Shadow Chaser’s Chaos Panic. The renewal siege leans more on defensive side as compared to pre-renewal which leans more on offensive side.


We’ve been doing this for the whole duration of the siege but we are not going anywhere. Our alliance still cannot penetrate on the tight defence of the opposite guild. The defending alliance didn’t even reconstruct their barricades and guardian stones for added defence so it means that our battle is more on pure player power.


The siege seems to be ending soon and they have projected that our attacks are not paying off so the alliance has decided to take over a Siege Point Agit instead. The whole alliance then transferred to another Agit and conquered it. Since we don’t have enough time to conquer more Agits that gives Siege Points we just stayed on that Agit til the war is over.

Our alliance is not successful this time but the Agit Lords is just beginning. We still have more time to decide on our strategies and claim the Honor Point Agit.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...