Monday, May 22, 2017

Welcome Back pRO

Flashback:
It's been more than 2 years since Ragnarok Online shut down in the Philippines. Most of our accounts were migrated to iRO with most of our gears wiped out. Why did they wiped it out? Because pRO has been saturated with high end gears such us high upgraded gears, Boss Cards and Godly Items. Taking away these items will somehow balance out the playing grounds when people migrates to iRO.

I quit the game after I have attempted to play in iRO. It takes a lot of time and effort just to organize my things. Our Kafra in Valkyrie was set as a second storage when it transferred to iRO which will be locked when the premium expires. Transferring all my things to the main storage on 3 migrated accounts is hard. It's like I will a lot a big part of my life just to set-up things so I got lazy. Most of my friends did not intended to play on the server too so I quit the game. I literally cut myself off to any Ragnarok related stuff even my blog.

I was hopeful for Tree of Savior to rekindle the adventure feeling that I had but the game for me is only exciting on job tree and skill building. For most parts I feel like it is a chore to play the game because I only log-in to do the dungeon and mission. Socializing in-game is almost non-existent. FPS dropping when a lot of skills is being uses is also an issue for me.


The New pRO:
A good news came that pRO will be coming back with a new publisher Elite Extreme. It had a grand launched last May 7, 2017 but the CBT is slated by mid-June. The 2-1 jobs will be available to us for the next 6 months then followed by 2-2 jobs. Transcend classes is planned to be implemented around 1 or 2 years. Basically we will be playing the old school Ragnarok online but with a classic-revo mechanics.

I'm very much excited for the re-opening of pRO because the new publishers have passion for the game. They envisioned the revival of Ragnarok World Championship as the main e-sport event for Ragnarok Online. The publishers are also planning to open up servers on other countries with the same set-up. A lot of pRO players are coming back to play the game which will make this game great again. Register and download the game at the official pRO site.


What I'm excited about pRO?
  • War of Emperium
This is the main selling point of Ragnarok Online for me. The main reason that I stick on playing this game for years despite of so much issues is simply because of War of Emperium. The feature lets you build a character with a GvG in mind. Strategy, Tactics and Secret weapons are crucial for this feature. It takes so much pride for the whole guild if you captured an Agit before the war ends especially the last minute emperium breaks. I made lots of friends just by joining guilds.






  • Crowded Leveling Spots
When the game is new most people will be crowding famous leveling spots. It will surely give us an opportunity to socialize and communicate with other players. While resting we can chat a bit and share stories. Join parties just to even share or receive free buffs from support classes. Some intends to be leeched especially the WOE-centric support builds.






  • Headgear Collection
Though I miss my headgear collection especially my Zodiac Crowns and Dropping Kafra Dolls, I'm hopeful that I can re-create my collection on the new server. Starting from scratch is hard and exciting at the same time.

Drooping Homunculus Collection
Upgrading Event Headgear Collection
Kafra Doll Collection
Zodiac Crowns Collection
Beret Collection


  • Tambayan
Tambayan is a pre-determined spot where you meet your friends when not doing anything in-game. You simply "park" your character on that spot and wait for other friends to hopefully come online. Somewhat our happy place where we can burn time by chatting, play games, wander around, brewing, forging or pass items. Most tambayan are town maps or a map outside town maps. When I was in Valkyrie our tambayan is in Alberta stairs near the bottom Kafra.  Finding a tambayan for our friends is also exciting.



  • Adventures
Last but not the least are the adventures. Travelling with your friends and guild mates for a grinding, boss hunt, instance dungeon or quest is so much fun. It makes your bonds stronger. Aside from that I also love scenic view hunting. Beautiful places in the world of Midgard are often hidden or not a popular grinding spot. Have a keen eye to spot then since they are often overlooked.



















15 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Rich Kid Herbert is back! :)

Elmer Domingo said...

I love your blog :)

Anonymous said...

I'm back as well! Glad you kept your screenshots. Btw, what server are you planning to join on cbt?

Herbert said...

Thanks Elmer :D

Herbert said...

I'll be playing on Loki server. I have all my screenshots intact :D

Unknown said...

I'm more excited on socializing with other peepz and getting back to my tambayan in southern map of Prontera, hopefully many people will still be there, also excited for the adventures, especially now since most start at the same time, the level gap problem I used to face for starting off late will be somewhat gone. I have yet to download the RO tho :/ What servers are featured?

Herbert said...

All my screenshots are from pRO Valkyrie. You still have time to download since the CBT will still start by mid-June

Eclage said...

Hi there, been a fan of your blog since Valkyrie days. With the announcement of the relaunch of pRO, i plan to casually play again. With the classic settings, will there be perks for doing quests? I plan to play again having quests as my number one priority since in the past, i neglected it and I regretted that when i experienced the quests in BioLabs.

Will the quests reward exp? and will the exp table be the same from the original where it is really hard to level? Hope you can shed me some light with regards to this. Thanks!

Herbert said...

We will be starting from 2-1 jobs with a map only until Juno so I believe there will be no quests which gives experience. It will be a grind fest for everyone. I'm not sure though if they will implement a localized NPC similar to the daily quests that we have on the previous pRO.

Eclage said...

ow. so story quests don't give exp yet? that's sad but i will still do them though if i have time.

is the localized npc those who gave whooping amounts of exp in valkyrie? well i doubt they will have that but i want it. Exp tables for classic is horrendous as i remember.

johnxxxxx said...

Welcome back Idol. :)

Herbert said...

Thanks kherby. it's nice to be back

Herbert said...

No story quests yet. it will start at around Einbroch patch. Yes that's what I'm talking about the daily quests. but I doubt if they will implement that since it promotes early access to max levelled characters.

Anonymous said...

xencya na po dito, pero tanong lang po sana kung saan na nakakabili ng mga top up cards para dito.
salamat po.

Herbert said...

wala pong top up card. kailangan mong bumili ng ExCash via load central. or pede rin MOL points kaso d ko lam paano yung MOL points. May mga nabasa din ako na nakakabili ng electronic load via 7/11 pero wala akong details kung paano gagawin yun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...