Monday, May 28, 2012

Boss Hunt – July 20, 2009

Archive Post from July 2009
 
The MVP run that we had yesterday is just an impulse among my guild mates. My friend Angel was very happy that day to a reason that could not be disclosed. She called everyone available on the guild to join her at the Left Kafra Prontera because she wants to share the good luck that she had. We stayed there for a couple of minutes talking, laughing, sharing thoughts and burning time.

One of our guild mates suggested if we could hunt an MVP during that night. Everyone agreed to the idea because they were excited to fight with MVPs. We prepared ourselves and had our line up for the MVP fight. Here are the participants for this adventure:
  •     ~ Herbie Boy ~ - a Paladin which is the tank
  •     angel_sweet16 – a High Priest which is our primary support
  •     -=[Ju-Pao]=- - a Champion which is our main killer
  •     .blur. – a Wizard which is our secondary killer
  •     Ayano^^ - a Hunter which is another secondary killer
  •     tamie – a Hunter which is another secondary killer (Tao Gunka adventure only)



I don’t have any group picture for these because as I have said it was an out of the blue adventure. We just prepared ourselves then proceed to the map where our target MVP appears.

Comodo Dungeon
Before we proceed with the MVP run, Angel and I scouted the whole Comodo Dungeon to confirm if MVP Tao Gunka had already spawned on the map. During the scout, Angel and I split up to cover a larger area of the map. After some quick run, I encountered MVP Tao Gunka at the upper right part of the map and immediately alarmed the party that I have found him. We got out of the dungeon and waited for the others to arrive at the Comodo Beach.

The whole gang Kafra warped to Comodo and together we entered the Comodo Dungeon. We are very cautious with our movements so as not to create a mob when we finally meet up with Tao Gunka. When the team went back to where I left Tao Gunka, we could not find him. So we decided that I will be scouting for the MVP while the rest of the team proceeds in locating for Tao Gunka. Ju-Pao had accidentally spotted Tao Gunka but he could not bear the attacks and laid flat on the floor. He alarmed the whole party so I rushed towards his spot and tanked the MVP.

Ju-Pao has been saved with Resurrection while I requested Angel to cast Assumptio on me. Angel had the hardest role to play since she has to cast a lot of support buffs on us. Ayano and Tamie started attacking the MVP while Blur casts Jupitel Thunder on the mobs. We warned Blur that he should not cast any area of effect skills since our server Valkyrie has a friendly fire on PK maps so he has no choice but to use single target spells.

Angel continuously casts sanctuary so as not to be confused on who’s to heal or not. I also warned them not to get so close to the MVP since there is a tendency that the MVP will shift its target. The teams were very pre occupied during that time and just concentrate on attacking Tao Gunka without noticing what I’ve said. Ju-Pao on the other hand did not stop on attacking Tao Gunka with Extremity Fist and eventually he claimed the MVP for Tao Gunka.


Sunken Ship
After the fight with Tao Gunka, the team decided to visit the Sunken Ship and meet with MVP Drake. Tamie on the other hand already had enough game for that day so she bid good bye and left the party. As for us, we still continued our boss hunting at the Sunken Ship.

When we arrived at Drake’s room, there were only Penomenas, Hydras, Mimics and Whispers. There were no sign of Drake in the room. We thought of not proceeding with this run since we don’t have the spawn time for MVP Drake and we might be wasting time waiting for Drake to spawn. Angel insisted that we wait. So I positioned myself at the center of Drakes room where he usually spawns while the others kept distance from me.

Then suddenly Drake appeared and caught us off-guard. The team has been surprised by MVP Drake. Angel started casting Assumptio on me while I recasted my entire shield buffs. Blur started chanting Water ball and Ayano started Strafing at Drake while keeping a distance. Ju-Pao also started his rituals and attacked Drake with Extrimity Fist. I thought we will have a clean run with this but to my surprise my life dropped so fast that I could not out-Pot the damage and fell flat on the floor. Then the rest of the party fell one by one.

We all respawned and had another plan on taking down Drake. I checked my gears and to my surprise I had worn an improper tanking gear that’s why I’m not successful in tanking Drake. I was being beaten with a level 10 Water Ball so fast without wearing a water armor that’s why I didn’t survive Drake’s attack. So I changed my armor and we went back to the Sunken ship with more drive in our hearts.

As we arrive Drakes room, I walked in front of the team while the others followed me. I moved a little by little until Drake noticed my presence. This time I was able to withstand all of Drakes attack without worrying about my life points dropping so fast. The team kept a very impressive distance while attacking Drake. Blur kept on chanting Water Ball and Ayano use her range advantage to Double Strafe Drake from the distance. Ju-Pao however prepares his rituals at a distance then move towards Drake to release his Extrimity Fist then keeps distance again to prepare for another Extrimity Fist. After a fierce battle with Drake, Ayano managed to be the MVP. She didn’t expect to be the MVP since Ju-Pao’s Extrimity Fist has more damage output than her Double Strafe.

Our MVP killing took us some time before we were able to defeat them. We could have use another character for faster battle but it’s more fun if we had some kind of a challenge. The time spent for killing the MVPs were enough for us to enjoy the whole experience. And it’s really more rewarding experience to spend adventures with your friends. Even though I’m not the MVP that night, I’m happy that they were able to enjoy the game with my help.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...