Friday, September 10, 2010

Bug: Geffen Quest - Magic Shop

Another bug has been abused last week. The newly patched Geffen Quest - Magic Shop had a loop hole in which a player can bypass the 20hour cool down of the quest. I have no idea how to perform this but definitely some players are performing the quest endlessly. Players were able to gain endless experience and geffen coins because of this exploit. As a result the GMs choose to summon the popular "Thorns" to stop the abusers.

Photobucket

If I may quote from my co-players "Thorns ang sagot sa lahat ng problema ng pRO". GMs utilizes the powerful thorns to keep all players out of the bug area rather than having an emergency maintenance. Honestly the thorns were very effective temporary solution but this method doesn't stop persistent players from abusing.

Photobucket

I accidentally died from the thorns while I'm performing the my daily quest so I want survey the area. Immediately I felt that there is a bug on the newly patched quest so I tried to look for the abusers. Most of the victims of the thorns were innocent bots who had a predetermined path which ignores the presence of the thorns. As a result they are continuously being massacred by these thorns.


Photobucket


Photobucket

I'm not contented with what I saw because viewing the thorns won't prove that abuses still persists. I then decided to plunged into the pack of thorns. Of course I died but I was able to get close to the Quest NPC. To my surprise, the NPC had the MVP sign continuously bursting on his head. The MVP sign on the head of the NPC means that a player had finished the quest. But with what I saw it means that the abuse haven't stop even with the presence of the thorns.

Photobucket

The Daily Quest bug is not new to pRO especially the bypassing of the 20 hour cool down. It reminds me of the Geffen Quest - Gloria's Study which never came back and the Prontera Quest - Order of Odin. I'm just wondering why these kinds of loop holes still persists even if they had it tested in Sakray. Maybe their testing is not as thorough as it should be. Everytime they release a new daily quest a bug immediately follows after. I hope this kind of culture stops because they are making the official servers as a ground for testing which should not be.

Photobucket

After this week's maintenance, I visited the area and as expected they removed the Quest NPC. I hope this time they will now double check the loop hole of the quest. Another epic bug had hit the main servers. Lol!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anyone with a decent mind would probably abuse the quest. xD

Sure wish I knew it was bugged tho >_>

Herbert said...

Hahaha and the quest was never re-implemented because of that bug.

Anonymous said...

panu maaalis ung mystic vial?

Herbert said...

Try mo po sell to NPC, pag ayaw gawa ka na lang ng novice tapos ilipat mo dun yung mystic vial tapos delete mo. pag ayaw pa din ewan ko na.

Anonymous said...

Namiss ko na yung mga thorns na sinusummon kung saan saan pati sa mga false warp areas.

May ganito parin ba ngayon?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...