Monday, April 8, 2013

El Dicastes Expedition


Before the arrival of Mora town in our server, I haven't really roam around El Dicastes. I can only remember perform quest in order to enter Scaraba Hole because of the promise of fast leveling. During the quest I spam enter so I don't really have a background story of the patch. So before Our server enters a new episode I decided to explore El Dicastes.

 photo Image00_zps38f31f8e.jpg


As I start the El Dicastes quests, I found out that I need to finish a lot of New World quests. Lucky for me I have decided long ago to set my Genetic as my permanent explorer so chances are I have unlocked most these quests.

 photo Image01_zps0a07db6d.jpg

I can say that I loved the story of El Dicastes. Here are some story line points that I have understood. You may correct me if there are info that I posted to be incorrect. Also heads up to those who don't want to be spoiled.

  • People from Midgard are trying to understand the Sapha tribe by sending people to Manuk
  • Adventurers can only access El Dicastes when you earn the trust of the Sapha Tribe
  • Kamidal Tunnel was made to link Manuk to El Dicastes
  • Sapha as a race use Bradium in order to heal themselves
  • When a Sapha dies, he will turn into a crystal
  • Scaraba Hole is a Bradium mine in which it has been infested with insects
  • Light of El Dicastes is an accessory given to those who finished the quest. Literary it is the light that will guide you to reach El Dicastes.
  • Cat hand service is not allowed in El Dicastes because they lack Sapha's approval. So instead they camp outside the city
  • There is another Crack Dimension in the outskirts of El Dicastes Field which is linked to Ahat.
  • Ahat is highly regarded Minister by Saphas but they haven't actually seen him
  • Ahat looks like a human and not a sapha. He might play a bigger role on succeeding patches

I got tons of information because of doing these quests. I would say the items being given after the quest only serves as a bonus. During my exploration, Dolomedes aka the crystal spider gave me a hard time roaming around the fields. Thanks to my loyal Dieter named Yahir, I was able to somehow reduce my exploration expenses and my chances of survival became higher. I let him fight those monsters as I try to run away.

 photo Image02_zps8479633f.jpg

At the end of the El Dicastes quest, I was able to meet Ahat in person. But Jarute HesLanta a Sapha expressed his suspicions on Ahat. And that is the end of the El Dicastes series of quests.

 photo Image03_zps3440365e.jpg

I also looked into the pRO micro-site here. It doesn't give any substantial overview on El Dicastes. It only says the following teasers:
In the east, there lies a city like no other. Blanketed in perpetual snow and surrounded by giant shards of sharp ice, the capital city of the Sapha tribe offers lots of opportunities for adventure...if you can survive it! 
Help the Sapha in their struggle for survival, craft new items and armor, enter the lair of the Scaraba Brood...the possibilities are as endless as the never ending winter.

I highly recommend that you also perform the quest in order to have a better understanding of El Dicastes and the Sapha tribe as a whole. Future patches might have links to this patch so it is worth investing a character perform the quest.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...