Thursday, October 24, 2013

King Poring Event

Happy 10 years Philippine Ragnarok Online (pRO)! It is indeed a milestone both both gamers and publishers that our favorite MMORPG has reached a decade of adventure. 10 years of ups and downs was never easy for a game to survive this long and still continues to live on regardless of trials. And a better way to celebrate this is to have a memorable event.




King Poring Event features the monster King Poring, a battle hardened Poring. He has a very cool design which appears to be a royalty with battle scars, and sword but didn't lose the touch of a bouncy poring.



During the first release of the event, King Poring spawns at south Prontera but the succeeding events it was relocated to Port Malaya field. The relocation might be because of woots and maybe they want to populate Port Malaya since it is the Philippine themed Map.



I also participate on the event using my Genetic. While I was roaming the area looking for King Poring I am very surprised that my guild mates Lea, Carlo and Neil are on the area too. I didn't notice them at first but because they are chatting publicly I have identified their names. They too are hunting King Poring and gathers Poring Coins.



I'm also impressed that they have the timer of King Poring's spawn. It looks like they are hunting the MVP for hours before I met them. We socialize for some moments while waiting for the spawn. As the time gets nearer and nearer, we had a count down but stayed on the area. We are lucky enough that King Poring spawn on our area. That is a fantastic spawn!



We didn't think twice and attacked King Poring. All our attacks are 1 and it seems King Poring has high HP too. We just whack and whack King Poring until he dies. I guess he is an easy monster since we didn't have much difficulty in dealing with him. No annoying status ailments, no high damage attacks just pure fun attacking him.



After he dies, it rained Poring Coins all over the map. My guildmates and I separated to gather as much coins as we can get. I used greed clip to vacuum all Poring Coins in my way until I have no more Poring Coins insight. I meet with my guildmates at a common point and it looks like I got more coins than them. I guess greed clip is handy in picking up the coins.



The coins can be exchanged to some good stuff in Port Malaya. The best gear being offered during this event is the costume headgear with stat. Yes it has a stat which makes King Poring event a good motivation to create the costume headgear. Well as for me I don't have the luxury of time to get more coins so this is my last participation of the event. Though I'm hoping more events such as this will be implemented in the future.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...