Thursday, May 26, 2011

Nidhoggur's Nest Visit

Overview:
It's been a while since Angel and I had an adventure on the remote dungeon of Nidhoggur's Nest. Before, we have been farming Nidhoggur's Shadow for his Piece of Angent Skin [1]. We've been exploring this dungeon on duo since then. We still do farm it  but not as often as before because of life priorities plus the easy access of the said item on CnR promos. Our adventure on this dungeon only lasts for a few minutes because  we are already familiar with the dungeon mechanics. If you want to learn the mechanics of the dungeon read my Nidhoggur's Nest guide.

Photobucket
On my way to Nidhoggur's Nest



Our visit:
One boring day I decided to do some adventure but I cannot decide what activity to do. Every adventure that I could think of leads me to decide not to push through. Then I remembered that we are no longer performing the Nidhoggur's Nest so I convinced my friend Angel_Fist to have a visit on Nidhoggur's Nest.

Photobucket
Starting the quest by opening the Gate of Riddle

I think Angel_Fist is also bored with the current pRO episodes and she agreed to join me inside the dungeon for a change. We gave ourselves about 5 minutes to prepare all our equipment and consumable. Most of personal gears for the dungeon are status resistance and damage reduction equipments because I'll be the support. I'm also using both HP and SP potions for emergency self healing.

Photobucket
Eliminating the summoned Mydhorg's Guardian

When our instance has been created we entered the Gate of Riddle and went through the short maze of the first part of the dungeon. At the end of the dungeon there is a huge room where we have to talk to a Fairy which will test our strength. The task is to elimate all the Guardians of Nidhoggur and all we have to do is to selectively kill monsters with that name. We both are equipped with Garm carded Armors to temporarily stop monsters from attacking us. What makes Garm armor special is the fact that even Water property monsters are inflicted with frozen status.

Photobucket
Continuing our journey on the second level maze

After eliminating all the Guardians, we walk towards the water falls and entered the hidden portal. The second level of dungeon is a natural maze which might eat up your time if you're not familiar with the path. In our case it only took us a few minutes because we already memorize the path.

Photobucket
Battle with Nidhoggur

Before we entered towards the Boss Room we took a few seconds to rebuff and change gears for the boss battle. Just like our usual routine I lead the way towards the center of the room. I casted my initial Lex Aeternal while tanking the mobs. Angel following behind me rushed towards the MVP and casted Extremity Fist. With our current set up, I was tanking the Dark Shadow mobs while Angel is tanking the MVP. Angel is concentrating on performing the Extremity Fist routine and giving the full blow on the MVP. I on the other hand is concentrating on keeping myself alive while maintaining our buffs. There are several occassions that Nidhoggur is casting Dispell so it is important to recast Secrament and Blessing first before anythingn else. Clementia is a better option for recasting Blessing because there are times that the casting range is not enough to reach the target.

Photobucket
Final Extremity Fist!

Approximately we finished the MVP Nidhoggur in less than 5minutes without the hustle of being teleported on the side rooms. Also we are rewarded with a Piece of Angent Skin [1] which is a good reward . That means another muffler equipment is added to our stock.

Photobucket
Experience reward from the MVP

Aside from the rare drops, Nidhoggur also gave a rewarding job experience. Since he's an MVP makes him a good target for getting good experience. In fact most of the job level gain on my Archbishop comes from this dungeon. It is really a good alternative for Endless Tower.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...